As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement:
At the Massachusetts General Hospital providers, nurse and other healthcare professionals rely on mobile communication tools to collaborate and deliver patient care. Under the direction of the Senior Manager, MGH/MGPO Information Systems, this position will manage and support the Voalte secure communication and messaging application utilized on mobile devices. Responsibilities will include providing day-to-day customer support, working with vendor and PHS IS resources to monitor and ensure reliable technical infrastructure (servers, telecom, wireless network, etc.), troubleshooting/supporting mobile devices and collaborating with PHS Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) team on the management of the mobile devices. This role will also manage the installation of new releases, upgrades, software modules and associated hardware/infrastructure including the definition of scope, configuration, testing, implementation, and training using strong analytical and proven project management methodologies. The individual in this role will partner closely with business owners and clinical leadership to assess business needs, identify solutions and will work with the vendor and PHS IS enterprise resources to deliver and maintain those solutions. Providing quality, timely customer service will be critical.
As project demands arise, the person in this role may participate in projects and/or assume other responsibilities. Oncall and after-hours support may be required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead the implementation and support of Voalte secure communication tools
Provide quality customer service and serve as an exemplary representative of Partners Information Systems. On-going communication, feedback and follow-through with customers and executive hospital management is essential. This includes Service Desk ticket tracking, review and follow up.
Provide lights-on and production support for existing and new applications/application integration/infrastructure/mobile devices and other hardware dependencies. Work with vendor and PHS IS teams (network engineering, network security, mobile device management, etc.) to troubleshoot and resolve issues and ensure reliable application environment
Manage mobile device repair/replacement process with vendor including tracking and replacement devices
Identify test requirements, document test plans and conduct detailed testing of (software releases, infrastructure changes, mobile device, and other associated hardware)
Develop project goals, objectives, approach, timeline, and scope in collaboration with the MGH business leadership through negotiation and diplomacy that result in a well defined, well sponsored project.
Assist in developing capital and operating funding requirements associated with a project. Manage project within allocated budget.
Manage IS projects within the context of the larger environment including competing priorities, staffing levels, budgetary concerns. Provide appropriate and timely problem escalation reporting (and potential solutions if applicable) to senior staff, IS management, project steering committee, and executive hospital management.
Plan, manage, and over-see projects, utilizing recognized project management methodology including activities such as:
* Definition of project scope and objectives
* Requirements definition (functional and/or technical)
* System testing/quality assurance
* Post-implementation/on-going support
Facilitate and ensure that project team completes work assignments in accordance with an established project timeline, and with quality results.
Provide on-going project status reports to internal IS management, user groups, project steering committee and executive hospital management.
Identify and manage enterprise-wide resources necessary to appropriately implement the project.
Establish and create a positive project team environment through leadership and mentoring.
Change management: Propose workflow changes and facilitate implementation of changes for successful adoption of new technologies and processes.
Maintain expertise in related information technologies and techniques. Develop expertise on secure communication technologies
Participates in on call 24x7 rotation
Perform other duties as assigned.
* Five or more years of experience with computer systems or healthcare required.
* Bachelor's degree in a health profession field or information/computer science.
* Must have experience with major system installations
* Experience providing support services to a diverse user base required
* Proven project management experience in a complex environment required.
* Knowledge of Windows and Apple computers and applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) required.
* Experience with Apple iOS and Android a plus
* Experience with mobile device management tools, such as MobileIron a plus
* Experience in systems administration, including: core infrastructure, routing, security and boundary protection, and wireless network technologies is preferred.
* Experience with healthcare IT a major plus.
Skills & Abilities:
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Understands the technology capability as it relates to the business requirements.
* Proven use of project lifecycle and project management methodologies.
* Demonstrated skills with QA principles and their utilization.
* Ability to manage projects in both a direct and matrix reporting environment.
* Can independently conduct meetings, both formal and informal including project team meetings, departmental meetings, and user meetings.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of organization.
* Exhibits strong professional skills
* Demonstrated commitment to delivery of high quality customer service.
* Ability to self-manage, assuming full ownership of overall outcomes from start to finish.
* Ability to work with vendors and other external parties, negotiating or pushing as necessary to meet project timelines/goals or Partners standards.
* Ability to understand political climate and act accordingly.
* Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in a rapidly changing multi-site enterprise environment.
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.