Job Description Job ID: SEL001633
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of "Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives" is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. Visit LeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
To provide in-field technical applications support for our current and "next generation" range of automated immunohistochemistry instrumentation and reagents. Achieve Leica regional sales and profitability goals.
* Support Leica to achieve regional sales goals monthly, quarterly, and annually for IHC Instrumentation and reagent consumables.
* Installation and Evaluations of IHC Instrumentation sold and evaluated in the region
* Evaluations of antibodies and probes.
* Build an in-depth understanding of new product technologies and their applications in, academic, pharma, and research immunohistopathology environments.
* Design and perform investigation of tough technical applications while working with the Service team, Applications Manager and global business units.
* Adhere to regulatory standards and compile necessary documentation in conjunction to working with BU and Customer on trouble shooting and escalations.
* Follow normal Standard Work for customer complaint handling to ensure total customer satisfaction.
* Install and Conduct in field post purchase applications support and training with customers
* Prepare weekly territory status reports to Applications Manager, including but not limited to competitive information, product issues, customer issues, target account lists, expense reports and calendar.
* BA/BS in Life Sciences or equivalent
* Must possess valid driver's license-Travel is required of this role
* Understanding of IHC and Histology marketplace or a related discipline
* 1-3 years' Histology laboratory experience in clinical, research, or industrial setting with a practical focus on IHC
* 1-3 years' experience in the optimization, operation, functionality, and support of both manual and automated IHC instrumentation and related products preferred.
Excellent time management and organization skills are a must
Must possess excellent customer relations/service skills
Self-motivated and independent critical thinking
Goal oriented, results driven
Good interpersonal and communication skills are key
Work independently but able to interact as part of a team member
Proficient in computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, SAP)
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in and out of airports with possible long wait times.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work is in a laboratory environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Due to the laboratory setting, instrumentation will be present that can present electrical hazards and may have moving parts.
Chemicals and patient specimens may be present in the laboratory. It will be necessary to follow recommended as well as facility guidelines and when applicable wear appropriate PPE (Personal protective equipment). Closed toed shoes should be worn at all times in the laboratory setting.
May be requested to work extended hours and weekends for special program events and/or training
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page-Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
About Danaher Corporation
Danaher is a company that designs, manufactures and markets professional, medical, industrial, and commercial products and services.