Job Description Job ID: PAT000519
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of "Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives" is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. Visit LeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems Imaging, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
You will implement required Systems and Software improvements to our existing scanner products, supporting our installed base and manufacturing. You will be involved in the software and algorithm development for new scanners.
* Independently identify and diagnose most systems problems
* Implement Systems Software solutions for existing and new scanner products following Aperio's Software Development and Change Order Procedures
* Collaborate with other Systems Engineers to define systems and software requirements and implement and release Systems and Software fixes. This includes participating in the transfer of knowledge between engineering and Manufacturing/Operation Teams
* Provide second level customer and manufacturing support, as needed
* Software and Algorithm development based on systems requirements and architecture
* Set up and maintain production build and installer software
* Present and defend designs in cross-functional design review meetings
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or related discipline
* 5+ years System Software Engineering experience or equivalent
* Significant hardware and software interfacing experience in camera, motion control devices, control of automated electro-mechanical systems comprising of various sensors and motors, or something similar
* Outstanding analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Experience in designing user interface for hardware control, e.g. motion control and digital imaging
* 2+ years C++ software development
* 2+ years of scripting experience with Python or equivalent languages
* Windows based software development tools and build environments including Visual Studio
* Linux based software development tools experience
* Motion Control and exposure to control algorithms
* Camera interfacing (Camera Link, Gig E) and exposure to image processing
* Communication protocols: TCP/IP, serial, CANOpen
* Image Compression, image analysis, auto focusing
* Control of a high precision, multi-axis machine
* Oscilloscope, logic analyzer, Matlab
* Has worked in a regulated development process (medical devices, ISO 9001)
* Microcontroller programming
* Experience in creating and executing SQA and Systems test cases and test plans
* Linux build environments including CMake
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page-Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Danaher Corporation designs, manufactures and markets professional, medical, industrial and commercial products and services.