Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of "Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives" is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. Visit LeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems Imaging, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
Reporting to the SQA Manager this position is responsible for assisting in test planning and test case development and execution in an FDA regulated environment. The successful candidate will have advanced knowledge of software quality assurance methodologies and their role in an agile development cycle. This position requires excellent attention to detail, technical aptitude and problem solving skills, and flexibility to handle multiple priorities.
Major Responsibilities List of Responsibilities/Activities/Duties/Tasks
* Develop strong technical understanding of client/server applications under test.
* Review requirements and Design documents for appropriate level of detail.
* Create Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Reports with appropriate detail / rigor for a regulated environment.
* Execute manual Test Cases, documenting Test Results, report and verify defects, help ensure requirement traceability.
* Represent SQA in Design Reviews and other early-stage technical meetings; working closely with SW engineers, PM, and documentation.
* Early identification and communication of risks related to assigned Projects.
* Test bed management and maintenance for ongoing test efforts (Acronis, VMware).
* Lead the execution of test plans across multiple testers at multiple global locations.
* Facilitate training as needed across multiple global locations for application functionality, SQA tools, and SQA processes.
* Continually identify test coverage gaps and work with the appropriate team members to close them.
* Create plans for test environment management and facilitate those plans to completion.
* Contribute to the continual improvement of SQA processes.
* Coordinate with project managers, product managers, and developers to negotiate changes to project test scope or timeline as appropriate.
* Escalate test and/or quality issues to management.
* 8+ years experience in software quality assurance.
* Experience writing test plans and test reports, and planning and writing effective test cases.
* Solid understanding of and experience with different types of testing and methods, such as functional, system, integration, UI, usability, and others.
* Understanding of client/server and web application software architecture.
* Familiarity with defect tracking software and test management tools.
* Self-motivated and proactive
* Experience testing software applications in an FDA regulated environment
* Experience with SW test automation (Eggplant is a plus.)
* Experience with performance or stress testing
* Four-year degree in Computer Science or Engineering field.
* Proven communication skills with development and operations/support teams (written/oral).
* Must be highly motivated and have strong technical and analytical skills.
* Must be self-sufficient and able to work independently yet also handle direction well.
* Software Development
* Quality Systems / Regulatory
* Product Management
* Customer Support
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(This includes office environment to a warehouse with cement floors, to an outdoor environment. Include any unusual conditions, such as hazards, loud noise, and extreme temperatures)
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time.
* The employee might occasionally need to bend down to plug in computer peripherals, such as monitors, keyboards, and mice.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work is in an office environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
* May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special program events
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page-Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
About Danaher Corporation
Danaher is a company that designs, manufactures and markets professional, medical, industrial, and commercial products and services.