Massachusetts Department of Public Health
About The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security:
The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS) is the state's lead office for information technology. We provide enterprise level information technology services including: network management and security; computer operations; application hosting; desktop provisioning and management; and, modern and responsive digital services to 40,000 internal stakeholders plus the residents, business owners and visitors to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS) is seeking to hire an Advanced Technical Services Specialist. The specialist acts as a Tier 2 IT support specialist mainly responsible for providing second level support to end users by handling incidents and requests that have been escalated by lower tier support teams. This candidate is expected to have advanced technical knowledge and experience in providing superior customer support services, including creative problem solving and hands-on troubleshooting. The Advanced Technical Support Specialist will provide support to end users on-site, over the phone, instant messaging, email and occasionally remote. The incumbent will be required to develop solutions for network, desktop, software and application problems or requests. The specialist should have the ability to analyze existing systems and make proactive recommendations for improvements or alternative solutions to the end user.
The primary work location for this role will be at 200 Arlington Street Chelsea, Massachusetts 02150. The work schedule for the positions is Monday thru Friday, 7:00AM to 3:00PM and 10:00AM - 6:00PM.
All offers of employment into this position are conditional and subject to passing: a Massachusetts Criminal Background Check (CORI); a security clearance (fingerprinting) consistent with IRS and/or public safety requirements; and security training.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Provide resolution for escalated service tickets in a timely manner
* Work with end users to evaluate and solve technical problems using all tools provided, including remote access tool, SCCM, etc.
* Evaluate existing apps/software and/or user needs to analyze, design, recommend and implement system changes.
* Document end user interactions, including details of inquiries, complaints, comments, and actions taken during the troubleshooting/installation process
* Maintain ticket queue to meet SLA's and provide quick resolution to the end user community, including updating them when appropriate.
* Provide Knowledge Base (KB) article information to be documented when fixes are found
* Ensure security protocols and accuracy as it pertains to all Commonwealth business processes
* Provide high quality customer service in all facets of support and deliverables
* Escalate to management any trending issues and/or incidents that might need to be escalated to a Major Incident or Tier 3 level support team
* Strong understanding of SCCM Hierarchy and process to push collections to end user pcs
* Assume additional duties and responsibilities as required by management in order to assist the completion of special and/or ongoing projects
* Attend training when required to keep abreast of emerging technologies and required Commonwealth courses
* Adhere to all quality, organizational and Commonwealth processes
* Perform virus scans and remediation when applicable
* Escalate to Tier 3 support when applicable
* Perform all administrative duties as required
* Answer Automatic Call Distributer (ACD) calls as required, in a timely manner and provide professional, courteous, and efficient customer service for call transfers from Tier 1 Support via the ACD
* Assume additional duties and responsibilities as required by management in order to assist the completion of special and/or ongoing projects.
* Transition - continue to support transitions of other Agencies and Secretariats as they occur
* Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* 3-5 years of relevant experience supporting Microsoft Operating Systems preferably in a service desk environment with a helpdesk ticketing system and call queue
* Hands on experience and knowledge with ServiceNow or other IT service management ticketing systems.
* Strong hands on experience, proficiency and knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365 functionality.
* Strong knowledge and experience with scripting and orchestration: System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and PowerShell.
* Advanced knowledge with the following skillsets:
* Troubleshoot network and other technical problems
* Browser settings and support
* Common desktop applications
* Computer hardware
* Excellent customer skills are a must as well as strong aptitude to learn and adapt to new technologies.
* Must be able to interact with customers professionally and diagnose problems to lead customers through the necessary steps to correct their issues.
* Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication and documentation skills
* Strong customer and team orientation with a focus on collaboration, an ability to work independently, and a high level of professionalism and quality.
* High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities
* Must be resourceful and able to take initiative in a dynamic environment
Education and Certifications:
* A , Network , MCSA, CCNA or other IT industry standard certifications desirable.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Please see Preferred Qualifications.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Massachusetts Department of Public Health promotes the health and well-being of residents by ensuring access to public health and healthcare service.