Commonwealth Of Massachusetts
The Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EHS) is the largest secretariat in MA state government and comprised of 12 agencies, in addition to 2 soldiers' homes and the MassHealth program. EHS services directly touch the lives of slightly more than 1 in 4 residents in the Commonwealth - some of our most vulnerable children, youth, adults, and elders. EHS provides access to medical and behavioral health care, substance misuse treatment, long term services and support, and nutritional and financial benefits to those with low incomes. We connect elders, individuals with disabilities, and veterans with employment opportunities, housing, and supportive services. We steer troubled youth towards a more successful path and do everything possible to keep children in our child welfare system safe. We support individuals who are developmentally disabled, mentally ill, blind, deaf or hard of hearing.
As a member of the EHS Agency IT Service Delivery Team, the CA Service Desk Administrator will understand the IT governance process, including incident, problem change and asset management. Strong development skills include scripting language knowledge, CA proprietary tools such as web screen painter and schema developer and data loader tools are required. Understanding the CA MDB structure and relational dependencies is critical.
* Extract and/or view data from/in the Service Desk database for purposes of analysis, preparation of batch loads (using either pdm_load, grloader, or both), and reporting.
* Validate and/or analyze GAL information stored in contact records as User IDs using tools such as LDAP browsing tools (Softerra LDAP Browser for example) and Windows Microsoft Management Console Active Directory Viewer. This data is also extracted on a regular basis to be used in batch loading new contact records into Service Desk and updating existing ones.
* Create documentation, project release plans, and server/process workflow diagrams using tools such as Microsoft Word, Project and Visio.
* Ability to install, configure and maintain web-based Jaspersoft reporting tool. The admin should also be very knowledgeable with how to create custom JDBC connections, data sources, ad-hoc queries/reports, scheduled jobs, user access, and user security.
* Proprietary CA web screen painter, HTML,CSS, CA database schema knowledge
* Modifying database sets using Oracle SQLplus, basic Oracle data schema knowledge, proprietary CA data tools
* Extract data using various database tools such as CA database schema, Jasper and Jasper Reporting.
* Creating and modifying reports - ageing and inventory reports, while highlighting Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
* A database schema knowledge, proprietary CA data tools, various database tools for data extraction from Oracle and MS-SQL databases
* Provide Application technical support and sharing knowledge of the application. Training staff members when needed.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* At least 3 years of computer systems support and help desk experience.
* Working knowledge of the GUI, scoreboard and saved queries, advanced queries utilizing additional arguments.
* Familiarity with setting up and configuring Service Desk, Catalog, Embedded Entitlements Manager, Unified Self Service, and Mobility Services. This includes customizations, java script changes, installation of SSL certificates, and working knowledge of Apache Tomcat.
* Working knowledge of network security, firewalls, server aliases is a plus.
* Familiarity with maintaining knowledge base articles, announcements, code sets, locations, contacts, and configuration items.
* Familiarity with tables and field used by Service Desk Manger, including the alias names used within the Service Desk application.
* Strong Knowledge of web-based Jaspersoft reporting tool, Oracle SQL Developer and Visio.
* Familiarity with LDAP browsing tools (Softerra LDAP Browser for example) and Windows Microsoft Management Console Active Directory Viewer.
* Experience working with Service Desk/Incident Management ticketing systems used by EOHHS and/or CA Technologies (Broadcomm).
* Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office and O365 products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Skype, SharePoint and OneDrive.
* Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Ability to work independently in a team-oriented, collaborative and ever-changing technical environment.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Education and Certification:
* Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
* A , Network , MCP, MCSE, MCITP, or similar certification preferred.
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve - but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation, including:
* 75% state paid medical insurance premium
* Reasonable Dental and Vision Plans
* Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
* Low cost basic and optional life insurance
* Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
* 11 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
* Tuition Benefit for employee and spouse at state colleges and universities
* Long-Term Disability and Extended Illness program participation options
* Incentive-based Wellness Programs
* Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
* Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
A criminal and tax history background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit
http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori and click on "Information for Job Applicants."
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division's Hiring Guidelines
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth's website.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Please see Preferred Qualifications.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Commonwealth Of Massachusetts
Massachusetts Department of Public Health promotes the health and well-being of residents by ensuring access to public health and healthcare service.