Alaska Air Group
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
We're creating an airline people love. It begins with each Alaska Airlines employee, bringing unique strengths and energy to our work in the air and on the ground. Every day, we go beyond what's expected and reach for the remarkable, together.
The Commercial Analytics A/B Testing Analyst is a subject matter expert in A/B testing and optimization for e-commerce website, mobile and kiosk. As an individual contributor, this role manages and runs our A/B testing program for e-commerce, collaborating with Commercial Analytics, e-Commerce development teams, and business stakeholders throughout the Commercial division including Marketing and Revenue Management. This role is dedicated to work on high impact A/B and MVT testing and optimization with the primary focus to provide coherent decision support, project and ROI validation, and valuable insight into what drives improvements for our KPIs.
Scope & Complexity
This individual contributor role supports ecommerce A/B testing analysis for Alaska Airlines (AS) along with MVT analysis in collaboration with Commercial Analytics R&D peers at Alaska Airlines (AS).
* Provides subject matter expertise in testing and optimization for e-commerce website, mobile and kiosk platforms.
* Works directly with business owners and IT to plan, execute, and analyze all A/B & MVT tests.
* Designs insightful tests (test length, KPIs, AB test vs. MTV etc.) that adhere to testing best practices.
* Prioritizes and maintains testing calendar to make the best use of available traffic and testing resources and to avoid any conflicts between tests.
* Develops and documents testing processes and policies to further increase testing quality and rigor.
* Provides analysis of each experiment to understand the impact on key KPIs that can be fed into marketing / merchandising campaigns or product roadmaps.
* Communicates and presents test results, insights, and recommendations to all levels of the company, clearly and concisely.
* Validates accuracy of data and conducts quality assurance of site tagging needed for tests.
* Validates and measures cumulative impact of historical tests to ensure sustained results over time.
* Works with the Commercial Analytics R&D team to foster a culture of data-driven decision making across e-commerce and other Commercial departments.
* Collaborates with business partners to validate hypotheses and help stakeholders to think about site opportunities and future test plans.
Job-Specific Skills & Education
* A minimum of 4 years of e-commerce analytics experience.
* A minimum of 3 years of subject matter expertise designing and implementing A/B or MVT tests.
* A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in business, math, technical field, or a related discipline.
* An equivalent combination of training, experience, and education will be considered in lieu of required experience and/or degree.
* Experience applying analytics tagging (e.g., Omniture, Campaign tags/IDs) and validating accuracy.
* Experience with Optimizely A/B testing platform, including Full Stack.
* Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
* Proficiency in using web analytics tools (e.g., Site Catalyst, Google Analytics).
* Advanced understanding of concepts in probability and statistics (e.g. proficient in use of methods such as t-tests, ANOVA, multivariate regression, logit with understanding of underlying mathematics)
* Intellectually curious (i.e., asks intelligent questions and consistently probes for answers).
* Self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with individuals at all levels.
* Strong ability to work cross-functionally in hypothesis generation, experiment selection and designing, setting success/failure criteria, and rapid prototyping of concepts through testing tool.
* Excellent communication skills (e.g., verbal, written, and listening)
* Advanced ability with Microsoft Office suite.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum age of 18.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
* Airline and/or pricing experience.
* Familiarity with econometrics or consumer choice modeling.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines participate in E-Verify, a service of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA), where required.
Job ID 33658
Location Seattle, WA
FLSA Status Exempt
Full/Part Time Full-Time
About Alaska Air Group
Alaska Air Group is an airline holding company.