Alaska Air Group
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
We're creating an airline people love. It begins with each Alaska Airlines employee, bringing unique strengths and energy to our work in the air and on the ground. Every day, we go beyond what's expected and reach for the remarkable, together.
The e-commerce department of Alaska Airlines is looking for a full-stack Software Engineer II to help build the next generation of our digital experience. Our agile development teams develop and support our products top-to-bottom and ship software on a regular basis (anywhere from daily to every two weeks). A successful candidate will thrive in a fast paced, autonomous team environment, is passionate about building software the right way, and influences the way their team builds great products. Finally, they will enjoy the reward of delivering business value quickly while working with product owners to help craft their roadmaps in pieces that can be delivered in an incremental nature.
Scope & Complexity
This individual contributor position supports software development activities for Alaska Airlines.
* Contributes as a full-stack engineer on a scrum delivery team, collaborating with product owners, designers, and other engineers to deliver business value on an iterative basis
* Coaches and influences team-members on best practices and emerging technologies
* Solves complex technology and business problems with new and creative methods
* Architects, engineers, tests, deploys, and supports highly scalable and maintainable complex, end-to-end custom software applications
* Ensures delivery of high-quality software by writing clean code and utilizing pair programming, test-driven development (TDD), and continuous integration
* Actively engages in the technology industry and understands how evolving technologies can benefit our organization
* Is seen as a SME and engages directly with other disciplines to develop strategy
* Develops a solid understanding of the team's guest experience, business, and systems
Job-Specific Skills, Education, and Experience
* A minimum of 5 years of experience with the following:
* Acting as a full-stack software engineer building custom, high scale, n-tier applications using object-orientated languages (C#, Java, etc.)
* Developing web or mobile applications using modern technologies (React, Swift, etc.)
* Utilizing appropriate design patterns to create clean, maintainable, and performant code
* Expertise with TDD, unit testing, pair programming, and other XP techniques
* Strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to socialize and introduce new ideas and technologies to communities of developers
* High degree of professionalism, customer service orientation, initiative, flexibility, and the ability to multi-task
* Excellent communication skills and proven ability to collaborate with a variety of team
* Experience coaching and developing other software engineers
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
* Experience building high-scaled distributed systems running in cloud environments
* Experience with DevOps practices and supporting tools
* Experience in agile/lean development methodologies
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines participate in E-Verify, a service of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA), where required.
Job ID 34775
Location Seattle, WA
FLSA Status Exempt
Full/Part Time Full-Time
About Alaska Air Group
Alaska Air Group is an airline holding company.