We're creating an airline people love. It begins with each Alaska Airlines employee, bringing unique strengths and energy to our work in the air and on the ground. Every day, we go beyond what's expected and reach for the remarkable, together.
The Business Intelligence Manager partners with senior leadership on the development of analytic strategy, tools, reports, and dashboards to solve operational challenges. Leading a team of business intelligence analysts and data scientists, this Manager acts as a data steward for core business data and databases and ensures the quality, validity, and ongoing investment in sources are aligned with long-term business needs.
Scope & Complexity
* This position manages business intelligence activities for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries.
* Leads, prioritizes, and resources the work of the Business Intelligence (BI) team to ensure the delivery of quick, high-quality business solutions. * Partners with senior leadership on the development of analytic strategy, tools, reports, and dashboards to solve operational challenges. * Acts as a data steward for core business data and databases and ensures the quality, validity, and ongoing investment in sources are aligned with long-term business needs. * Works with ITS on the development and enhancement of data marts and tools. * Provides subject matter expertise in the understanding and application of AAG's data and analytics. * Develops and maintains a platform of self-service BI reporting and tools and provides actionable insights to stakeholders to drive and sustain business performance. * Oversees advanced research and analytic projects and presents key findings and recommendations to senior leadership. * Assists business intelligence analysts and data scientists in the development of advanced modeling and simulation for optimization projects and tools development. * Provides tireless dedication to the development of team skills and abilities, with a focus on individual analyst development to create world-class performance. * Develops a center of excellence (CoE) for business domain and related reporting teams by providing technical direction, skills development, and mentoring.
* A minimum of 5 years of business intelligence and/or data science experience. * A minimum of 2 years of experience leading projects, teams, or similar leadership/management. * A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in mathematics, economics, operations research, finance, statistics, business administration, engineering, or a related discipline,
or an additional two years of training/experience in lieu of this degree.
* Advanced experience working with relational databases (e.g., design, structure, and database management functions). * Proven experience working with large, complex data sets and disparate data sources across various platforms (e.g., SQL Server, Informix, Oracle, Access, Postgres, etc.). * Advanced SQL skills. * Advanced skills in visualization techniques, dashboard design, decision support tools, and automation, with experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc. * Demonstrated knowledge of descriptive statistics, correlation, linear regression, etc. * Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook), with expert Excel skills. * Basic proficiency in at least one coding languages (e.g., C++, C#, VBA, Python, R). * Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. * Demonstrated project management experience. * Minimum age of 18. * Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
* Experience with statistical modeling, machine learning, optimization/simulation.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
* Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
* High school diploma or equivalent is required. * A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree is required. (A degree with a focus in mathematics, economics, operations research, finance, statistics, business administration, or a technical/engineering discipline is preferred.) * A Master of Science degree is preferred.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines participate in E-Verify, a service of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA), where required.