Technology is the backbone of T-Mobile. It takes an army of project managers, developers, and engineers, all working like a well-oiled machine. This is teamwork at its best, with technical warriors bravely pushing the edges of the wireless frontier.
TechX is a part-time (15-20 hours a week) internship for students currently enrolled in a full-time Undergraduate degree program, majoring in Engineering, Cybersecurity, or other Technology related fields. The program is nine months, from October through June, during which you will gain experience working through different challenging projects. You'll partner with the best senior technologists in the industry and even have the opportunity to rotate teams giving you exposure to a wide variety of technologies across our organization.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comQualifications:
* Currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelor's degree majoring in Engineering or a related Technical field including: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Management Systems, and Information Technology
* Able to work 15 to 20 hours per week during regular daytime business hours (schedule will be flexible to accommodate classes and coursework)
* Ability to commute to T-Mobile's offices in Bellevue, Bothell or Snoqualmie, WA
* Authorization to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship
Recruiting for the 2018 TechX program takes place between March and September. We'll be visiting campuses across the country and attending national recruiting conferences in September through November. Candidate screening will begin in March. If we think you're a good fit for one of our roles, we'll contact you directly to discuss next steps. Interviews will start in late-May and all TechX roles will be filled by the end of September.Responsibilities: Our Digital Security Organization (DSO) team keeps our customers and employees safe from the bad guys, delivering incredible value to the business. As part of the DSO team, you will help drive the innovation and engineering of complex cybersecurity solutions.
As a participant in our program, you will work on a team that plans, coordinates and implements security measures for information systems to regulate access to data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure. You will be involved in creating and maintaining different solutions and solving problems all while continually learning and gaining experience. We're looking for candidates who are innovative, customer-focused and interested in becoming a part of the Un-carrier revolution.
* Apply your knowledge of critical security elements, threats, vulnerabilities, and safeguards
* Participate in creating, developing and managing high-level design architecture, security technologies, networking, web services; understanding of software-oriented architecture (SOA) and encryption, obfuscation, and tokenization technologies
* Engage as part of a team that provides security, compliance, and risk assessments on projects throughout their lifecycle, using varying SDLC methodologies
* Support information security review of new technologies, designs, and remediation planning efforts
* Investigate and identify security needs and recommend plans/resolutions; implement, test and monitor information security improvements
* Develop visibility inside and outside of info security, interfacing with groups such as billing ops, application support, engineering ops, finance, legal, privacy, risk management, etc.
* Support info security policy throughout lifecycle, including intake, creation, review, approval, implementation, publishing, communication and maintenance
* Participate in security projects driven by groups both internal and external to information security
* Participate in a 13-week cybersecurity mentorship bootcamp
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.