* Selected applications must be a US Citizen and must be able to commute daily into New York City*
What You'll Do
The Customer Delivery Technical Leader position is responsible for the support and delivery of Customer Experience Network Optimization and Security and services to Cisco's NYPD Customer in the US Public Sector market. Performs and drives architectural, design and integration engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions. Customer Experience TL's assist customers with tool selection and strategic direction of tools and network management systems. TL's identify and document network/security design and architecture best practices. TL's work closely with the Product Account Team and their strategy for account growth-both product and services; provide insight to the customer's buying strategy and initiatives.
Customer Experience TL's align and drive focused work with customer's business strategy and objectives. On a quarterly basis, TL's are expected to present overall status of projects and delivery as part of the Quarterly Business Review. TL's will provide backup support on other Advanced Services accounts. Engineers will demonstrate and generate applicable technical, standard methodologies, and white papers, support testing and validation of solutions and software strategies along with configure devices and troubleshoot errors.
In addition to an TL's day-to-day customer activities, training and mentoring other TL's will be required. TL's lead the responsibility for driving regional Customer Experience projects and customer based project initiatives. TL's will actively lead complex network, security, and collaboration design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. TL's solve complex, multi-functional technical issues that cross boundaries over many disparate products technologies, showing the value of our services at all times being proactive and involved in all aspects of our services delivery and provide visibility to various customer forums.
Who You'll Work with
The Public Sector Customer Experience involves helping to craft the customer's vision for their network and maintain a secure, state of the art environment that is second to none in terms of network up time and reliability. The qualified engineer in this account will be able to have an impact on this Federal Government customer and help them transform to meet their mission.
The NYPD is a team of leaders where we provide the leading solutions and architectures to customers - along with cutting edge consulting to insure customer success. Our members work cross-functionally and together to deliver business outcomes to our customers, along with the resources to insure personal and professional growth.
Who You Are
Our minimum qualifications are the following:
* Technical expertise: routing protocols, security systems, virtualization (networks and servers), tunneling techniques (GRE, IPsec, and MPLS), IPv6, Quality of Service, IP multicast, NAT * Network design skills; examine requirements and provide solutions within the constraints specified. Follows the agile methodology for fast solution delivery, testing, and value realization * Basic Cisco product knowledge (does not include pricing, licensing, or ordering information) * Leadership by example, showing others how to do it by being out front. Mentor/develop others * Willingness to challenge institutionalized thought and provide new insights/ideas * Ability to operate effectively far outside one's comfort zone. For example, someone with extensive routing experience will need to master network automation within a few months * CCIE or CCNP in Routing/Switching, Service Provider, and/or Security certifications * CCDE or CCDP certification a plus * Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT Administration, IT Security, etc. * Travel up to 20%
* Technical skills: VoIP telephony, wireless * Basic Linux skills, such as managing files and editing text with nano, emacs, or vim * Experience with cloud technologies, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, etc. * Knowledge of DevOps concepts such as flow, pull, leveling, quality at the source, etc.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes
from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change
our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects,
to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers
entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person
to be the difference, at work and in our communities.Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture
geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.