Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
As a TAC engineer, you will work on complex and in-depth networking problems requiring strong analytical, problem solving, engineering, and communication skills. You will receive continuous technical training along with training in adaptive troubleshooting methodology. In addition to ongoing training, you will have access to the TAC labs with over $650M in inventory containing all Cisco products. If you're looking for a dynamic, high impact environment where you will directly contribute to the success of Cisco's customers in deploying and utilizing the latest groundbreaking networking technologies, then this is the role for you! You will see a wide variety of real world customer networks and be constantly challenged to expand your networking knowledge and ability to tackle problems. This position will provide you with the opportunity and the resources to become a true networking expert when combined with your drive and motivation.
Who You'll Work With
Customer Experience - Global Technical Assistance Center is the focal point for resolution of technical customer issues. We are an organization of 1000+ highly skilled engineers that cover a broad array of technologies. Each engineer averages 5 years of industry experience and 450+ of our engineers are CCIE certified. Our organization is responsible for adding to Cisco's online technical knowledge base with troubleshooting guides, standard methodology documents, configuration guides, and white papers.
Who You Are
* Cisco wants you to join the industry's brightest minds in developing and deploying today's most advanced Internet technologies. In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain.
* You will demonstrate an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge.
* You will analyze, use and configure network management applications for medium to critical complexity networks.
* Consult via phone/email to debug network systems problems of growing levels of complexity; provides support on a worldwide basis.
* Manage workload and other assignments efficiently while being able to resolve time-critical situations reliable and professionally.
* Provide systems product training and mentoring to other CSE's and assist in problem resolution where required.
* Utilize test equipment and configurations in CSE lab for simulations of real problems.
* Complete projects which improve the support processes as assigned.
* Assist in a consultative role to facilitate the design of the network and complete design reviews as needed.
* Typically requires Bachelor's Degree with a technical focus or equivalent industry experience
* 3+ years experience working in UNIX/LINUX
* 3+ years experience working with network management, products and protocols
* Strong SNMP Skills
* Ability to resolve problems and deliver known solutions
* CCNA certification
Desired Product Knowledge:
* Network Management and Automation Product Knowledge of any or many of the following: Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller Enterprise Module (APIC-EM), IWAN, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, CiscoWorks, SolarWinds, HP Openview or Concord, DNAC, SDWAN
* Desired skill sets are associated with the following certifications or technologies:
* RHCA, MCSE
* 3+ years exposure to Oracle/SQL
* 3+ years scripting experience, specifically Java and Python
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.