Job Description Job ID: BEC015035
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples' lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or at www.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The web developer participates in the design and development of upgrades to the custom Beckman Coulter application system, Phoenix. The scope of the role includes the following:
* Work with business analysts to evaluate requests for system changes.
* Create detailed designs in order to implement required features.
* Understand business and customer needs and ensure that the requirements meet those needs.
* Understand the runtime configuration of the system.
* Understand integration points with other systems that interface with Phoenix.
* Create implementation plans based on functional and non-functional requirements and provide schedule and effort estimates for system implementation.
* Ability to document the architecture and design, and create targeted presentations to relevant stakeholders.
* Participate in product design meetings.
* Perform hands-on coding, unit testing, integration and other relevant activities.
* Provide support to system testers. Support the bug fixing and maintenance process.
* Use source control and comply with code merging and branching strategy.
Student of an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.0. The Internship Program will start in May/June (full time during the summer and then part time during the school year) and this role will allow you to work on an assigned department project with deliverables to enhance your skills.
* Major in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
* Familiarity with Software Object Oriented design and implementation
* Excellent communication and the ability to translate stated and unstated stakeholder needs into non-functional system requirements
* Ability to define and document software interfaces
* Ability to produce code for prototypes and production systems
* Ability to manage implementation of the product
* Ability to learn about, maintain and evolve existing systems and architectures
* Ability to present complex technical information to diverse audiences
* Team player, ability to work effectively in a matrix organization, with geographically dispersed team members (including the offshore teams)
* Self-starter, ability to envision solutions and take initiative to see the solution to the end despite challenges
* Ability to think strategically under the given constraints and under pressure
* Must have experience in the following:
* Good documentation skills
* Java / J2EE /JEE5
* Performance testing and tuning
* DevOps, CI/CD experience
* Oracle PL/SQL
* REST and Microservice Architecture
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page-Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
About Danaher Corporation
Danaher is a company that designs, manufactures and markets professional, medical, industrial, and commercial products and services.