VP - Principal Developer - Java, J2EE, RESTful Services
The Alternate Investment Services - Client Technology group is a collaborative development team with the goal of delivering a uniform, responsive user experience to clients. We are actively working on designing and implementing a digital strategy to allow our clients to access data & documents via multiple delivery channels. We embrace Agile methodology and Open Source technologies.
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer who has a passion for their craft and seeking to get the job done right for the best outcome for our clients. You will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
* Requirements Analysis
* Application design and implementation
* Automated testing
* Application deployment
* Second/Third level support of applications
* Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 10-12 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
* Hands on experience of 8-10+ years on Java, J2EE, RESTful Services
* Expert with agile development process and project management tools like Jira or Trello
* Experience building apps, micro-services from the ground up and scaling at an enterprise level
* Experience with Open Source tools and frameworks such as Spring, Junit, is required
* Experience with build and CI tools such as Git, Maven, and Jenkins is required
* Experience with messaging systems (Kafka, MQ and JMS) is a plus
* Experience using application containers, caching technologies and cloud based technologies like Docker containers is a plus. Knowledge of AWS/Azure is also a plus
* Knowledge of relational database design and development (SQL, stored procedures, data modeling) is required and understanding of NoSQL databases (Postgres, Vertica) is a plus
* Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
* Proven ability to write automated unit and integration tests for front-end and back-end code
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1902564
About Bny Mellon
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (also known as BNY Mellon) is an investment company that provides investment management, investment services, and wealth management.