Bank Of New York Mellon
Mellon is a global multi-specialist manager dedicated to serving our clients globally with a full spectrum of single and multi-asset investment strategies and solutions. With roots dating back to 1933, Mellon has been innovating across asset classes for generations and has the combined scale and capabilities to offer clients a broad range of solutions. From asset class expertise to broad market exposures, clients drive what we do. We are holistic in approach, client driven and committed to investment excellence. We aim to be a key partner for our clients by delivering customized investment outcomes and best-in-class service.
Hiring founding members to build a core team for an exciting quant engineering effort. Our group provides all trading-related services to a Boston-based asset management firm, with a global, multi-asset investment footprint. Get involved from the ground-up, as we design, architect and build a state-of-the-art platform, to empower extensive research and real-time analytics, in support of a global, multi-asset trading organization. Help us build a fast-paced, ambitious, yet cerebral and collegial culture of a start-up effort, while enjoying the benefits of an established, stable asset management firm and one of the world's greatest financial services companies.
* Play a significant role in design, architecture and implementation of:
* Trading research platform
* Real-time decision support service
* Reporting platform and service
* Build a historical and real-time data management platform for a global, multi-asset trading organization
* Design and implement infrastructure and tools in support of an automated deployment and operational framework
* Deploy, monitor and maintain xBK's research and production platforms and applications
* Embrace and promote API-driven solutions, utilizing open source resources and cloud-based architecture
* Deploy quant libraries in research and production environments
* Continuously explore performance (speed, reliability, scale) improvements to the research and production environments
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, statistics or similar, or equivalent work experience required
* 4-6 years of experience in software development required
* Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
* Thorough knowledge of the software development cycle
* Experience in design, deployment and monitoring of modern, cloud-based compute environments
* Passion for high performance, low latency computing systems
* Experience with real-time systems
* Knowledge of time series database technologies
* Experience in PostgreSQL, Redis and other DB solutions
* Understanding of ML and optimization technologies
* Understanding of financial engineering and mathematical finance concepts a plus
* Excellent communication and documentation practices
* Efficient coding skills
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Internal Jobcode: 45115
Job: Asset Management
Organization: INVESTMENT BOUTIQUES AM-HR17966
Requisition Number: 1906045
About Bank Of New York Mellon
BNY Mellon is an investments company which provides investment management, investment services and wealth management.
Bank Of New York Mellon