Partners Data Systems
Job ID R53340 Date posted Dec. 11, 2018
User Experience (UX) Design Intern- Austin, TX
Do you want to play a role in transforming IT and building the digital future? If yes, this opportunity will expose you to the next evolution of IT transformation. Dell's Experience Design Group (EDG) is seeking a candidate for a UX Design Intern to be part of the team in Austin, TX. In this role you will work across the Experience Design teams helping bring together the world's deepest portfolio of End User and Enterprise products by representing the user in our product design.
You will be a part of the UX/Usability team and assist in creating and implementing world-class experiences for Dell's hardware and software. We are seeking usability interns that have the confidence to lead UX design in a rapidly evolving IT landscape. In this role you will need to demonstrate boldness in working with other designers to deliver exceptional and game changing experiences through a collaborative user-centered, iterative design process. Finally, you must exhibit the strength that will inspire and guide teams towards this objective by evangelizing exceptional and definitive designs.
In summary, you will play a key role in understanding and driving shaping the key experiences that help create technologies that drive human progress by collaborating with our users, partners, and customers to create new opportunities that solve the problems that we don't yet recognize.
* Work with your mentor on a personal UX Design project or participate in current Dell product work (based on time in internship and objective set with mentor)
* Prototype concepts (hardware or software)
* Work in teams - both internal (usability & design) and external (marketing & engineering)
* Learn and apply user-centered design principles
* Software: Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
* Pursuing a Degree in UX Design, Software/Visual Design, or similar
* Graduation date beyond intern eligibility term (Winter 2019 or beyond)
Why work with us?
* Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology
* When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
* Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationship
* We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential
* Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.