Partners Data Systems
Established in 1997, L.A. Care Health Plan is an independent public agency created by the state of California to provide health coverage to low-income Los Angeles County residents. We are the nation's largest publicly operated health plan. Serving more than 2 million members in five health plans, we make sure our members get the right care at the right place at the right time.
Mission: L.A. Care's mission is to provide access to quality health care for Los Angeles County's vulnerable and low-income communities and residents and to support the safety net required to achieve that purpose.
The Health Information Technology (HIT) Program Manager (PM) is responsible for coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of data exchange projects. This position leads planning and implementation, including definition of scope, goals and deliverables, determination of tasks and resource requirements, and development of plans.
The PM solicits, identifies, analyzes, and translates business needs and health care delivery workflow into functional and non-functional requirements and priorities using process flows, technical requirements lists, specifications, diagrams, scenarios, mockups, and/or models. This position provides industry and system recommendations to help stakeholders solidify requirements.
The PM assembles and coordinates project teams, manages budget, plans and schedules timelines, tracks deliverables using appropriate tools, and provides direction and support to project teams. He/she undertakes strategy for contingency planning and risk mitigation.
The PM works on deliverables while supporting day-to-day production activities. This position provides post production support and assures successful adoption of new workflow.
The PM follows all policies and procedures concerning confidential information including internal use and restricted information, including protected health information.
* The PM is responsible for managing multiple projects related to data exchange between L.A. Care and its network of providers such as hospitals, IPAs, and MSOs. The PM serves as interoperability subject matter expert and provides day-to-day execution support for data exchange projects, ensuring initiatives are executed on-time, on-budget, on-scope, and with expected quality.
* The PM coordinates technical projects by acting as liaison between business users, stakeholders, hospitals, IPAs/MSOs, and vendors. He/she serves as primary point of contact for data exchange projects and works closely with L.A. Care Medical Management and IPAs/MSOs to gain in-depth understanding of care coordination workflow, needs, and issues. The PM documents current and future state workflow and develops plans for each entity, and monitors implementation.
* The PM ensures that data exchange work streams follow standard procedures. He/she captures and manages risks/issues and executes risk mitigation/contingency plans and necessary escalations to the HIT Director. He/she maintains and reports periodic status to stakeholders by proactively monitoring activities of various teams and quality of data. Once data exchange interfaces are built and implemented, the PM leads user acceptance testing of the implemented system and verifies data quality. The PM is responsible for successful adoption of the notification solution in the workflow of the PPGs/MSOs. Post production he/she helps resolve issues and investigates and assesses root causes of data quality problems. He/she uses appropriate resources to resolve issues effectively.
* The PM provides regular progress report to HIT director as well as periodic status report and presentation to the leadership team. Maintain close coordination with and serve as staff support for L.A. Care Finance, Quality Improvement and Information Services, assisting in preparation of monthly meeting content, attending all meetings and coordinating all follow-up items and activities.
* Report to and work closely with Director of Health Information Technology to administer federal/state/county wide HIT support and advocacy programs including but not limited to: HIT Vendor workgroups; Product development initiatives; Health information exchange groups and initiatives; HIT Education programs; Assist in the preparation and submission of all required reporting to funding agencies and project collaborators; Assist in identifying and applying for applicable funding opportunities to further HIT Strategic goals; Hire and manage staff for the HIT department.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science, or related business area
In lieu of degree, equivalent education and/or experience may be considered.
At least 5 years demonstrated successful project management experience,
Experience with process improvement methodology including defining and documenting workflow.
Proven ability to work effectively with business units and developers
Expert in requirements gathering; strong experience with systems analysis and functional design; experience with specification documentation and problem resolution.
* Strong qualitative, analytical, and communications skills.
* Knowledge of workflow process in healthcare environment.
Knowledge of health care data elements and formats such as XML, CCD, CDA; knowledge of HIE, HL7, and health care interoperability.
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Formal project management skills or certification in project management disciplines, standards, and best practices.
Sedentary (occasionally lifting no more than ten pounds, and sitting with occasional walking and standing.)
L.A. Care offers a wide range of benefits including
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Retirement Plans
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Wellness Program
* Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Medical, Healthcare
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.