Katerra is a technology company transforming property development, design, and construction-from start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, and construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design and build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainable-we can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At Katerra, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of Katerra's cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Katerra does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Katerra encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.
The UI designer will be responsible for developing and launching a leading-edge experience across web instance and mobile applications that will define "usability" for construction and design software. The intended product will revolutionize the way users create, share, and collaborate on design materials from the initial concept conversations through full construction of buildings.
The intended interface shall operate across web and mobile with a common design language and intuitive flow on each platform. The UI designer will work closely with team members from other perspectives (Marketing, Engineering, Architecture, Operations and Construction) to ensure features are enabled and UI experience is delivered at or above expectations. This UI designer will join the team in an Agile environment, working together with offshore contributors on a day to day basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Generate high quality web and app experiences based upon specified features and functions
* Create interfaces appropriate for many user types, from architects, building engineers, operations and construction team members and property development
* Map new and unfamiliar user features in an intuitive way
* Create collaborative experiences with multiple personas
* Ability to collaborate with engineering teams to connect back-end development to the experience and resolve connectivity issues
* Consider user experience as a key aspect of interface design
* Ability to drive deliverables to deadlines independently
* Openness to collaboration and team-based problem solving
* Development of Android/iOS/Web interface on an aggressive schedule
* 4+ years as UI/UX design for web and mobile
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Web Design, Software Development or related field
* Familiarity with Architecture, Design, and/or Construction
* Fundamental design skills and web programming skills
* Experience in designing and iterating on web apps
* Quantitative and user behavior analysis skills
* Excellent written and verbal communicator
* Outstanding Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign skills
* Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.
Katerra is a technology company that offers optimization of building design and construction.