What you'll be doing...
The Threat Monitoring team is considered the front-line of defense for Verizon's networks and computing environment. The Threat Monitoring - SOC Analyst is considered a crucial role in the defense of Verizon's networks and computing environment. Monitoring and analysis of potential and active threats targeting Verizon defines this role. Analysts must be agile, willing to learn, and think outside of the box in order to operate effectively in an ever changing threat landscape. This entry level position provides an opportunity to work in a fast paced collaborative environment defending Verizon from current and future cyber threats.
Shift work will be required and shift assignments will be based on business needs.
* Monitors and analyzes logs and alerts from a variety of different technologies across multiple platforms in order to identify and mitigate security incidents affecting the Verizon enterprise. This includes analysis of logs from:
* Anti-virus and end-point protection
* Servers and workstations
* Other security technologies and devices
* Assess the security impact of security alerts and traffic anomalies to identify malicious activities and take mitigating actions or escalates up to senior members of the team as appropriate.
* Leverage fundamental understanding of Operating Systems (Windows, Unix/Linux, and OSX) in support of identifying security incidents and to have a proper overview of risk profile.
* Execute analysis of email based threats to include understanding of email communications, platforms, headers, transactions, and identification of malicious tactics, techniques, and procedures.
* Utilize and adhere to defined workflow and processes driving the Threat Monitoring and escalation/handoff actions.
* Analyze potential cyber threats from a variety of intakes taking appropriate response actions to include threat containment and/or escalation.
* Process tactical mitigations based on results of analysis and determination of threat validity.
* Follow escalation and handoff procedures to team members and leadership based on defined threat and priority determination.
* Utilize a variety of security tools and technologies to analyze potential threats to determine impact, scope, and recovery.
* Leverage network security tools and capabilities to support Cyber Threat Monitoring activities.
* Documents results of cyber threat analysis effectively and prepares comprehensive handoff and/or escalation for Incident Reponses or other teams within the TMC.
* Support in writing technical articles for knowledge sharing within the team, when necessary.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
* Willingness to work assigned shifts.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Solid technical knowledge and understanding of cyber risks and threats related to cyber-attacks and attackers.
* Understanding of threats, attacks, logs, operating systems and key security technology (firewalls, anti-malware, proxies).
* Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
* Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
* Effective organizational and technical skills.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Professional Security Operations Center (SOC) or threat monitoring work experience.
* Manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
* Exhibit initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments.
* Certification (A+, Network+, Security+).
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.