What you'll be doing...
As a Manager in our Cloud Transformation practice, you will bring considerable expertise to lead enterprise-wide transformation project teams.The Program Manager will be primarily responsible for accelerating the transformation of specific LOB(s) in the organization into a "public cloud first engineering organization". These LOBs include VES, VZW, CMB, N&T and new acquisitions.The incumbent will define the model to optimize Verizon's staff, processes and operations to enable an engineering-oriented cloud organization culture. This position requires collaboration and partnership with team members and senior business leaders to identify transformation opportunities, craft solutions and develop compelling business cases to create value and advance our enterprise-wide stakeholder commitments.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
* The program manager(s) will focus on the following areas for their respectively assigned LOB(s):
* Project management - build and pipeline the cloud adoption timeline and scope
* Business case development - build and maintain the financial model for the migration program, track ongoing costs and benefits
* Technical enablement - develop and track a technical skill upgrade program for the assigned LOB(s), including training, certification and career track planning model.
* Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the cloud adoption process for specific LOB(s); provide leadership and support
* Consult with senior business and technology leaders to provide solutions to business challenges and opportunities by applying critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Develop the approach and program to deliver a successful migration model to customers LOB(s) through leveraging production support, database, sourcing, legal, security and engineering teams, technology and consulting partner channels, and self-service.
* Use a wide variety of program elements including consultative workshops, reference materials, partner engagements, linkages to relevant Amazon programs and solutions, POCs to drive acceleration
* Develop qualification and training approach to build out the community of resources within LOB to successfully deliver these engagements in key IT locations
* Develop, launch, and evolve the enterprise-wide program, and lead combination of a direct and cross-functional virtual team to help the development portfolios retire legacy systems and modernize their IT estate in assigned LOB(s).
What we're looking for...
You will have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Prior experience in professional services / "Big 4" consulting environment strongly preferred.
* PMO experience in at least two of these areas: PMO set up, PMO administration and management of PMO functions, governance, project tracking/reporting.
* Certification in cloud management/migration area
* 6+ years demonstrated experience working on the transformation projects/programs identifying solutions that re-engineer or streamline processes, work practices and/or technology within a function or specific capability area.
* PMI Certification
* Experience applying influence, consultative and negotiation skills in a matrixed leadership
* Proactive, solution-oriented, and able to work at a detailed level in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate through a complex organization.
* Strong financial acumen and experience building business cases.
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, appropriately balancing priorities and workload.
* Proven knowledge and abilities in the principles of change management and process improvement.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong presentation preparation, spreadsheet use, and report writing skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.