What you'll be doing...
Our Verizon Corporate Finance Business Analytics Center of Excellence (BA CoE) is working to develop a scalable, agile analytics organization that drives innovation, enables self-service, and delivers shareholder value and strategic insights for our business partners through common analytics platforms and tools that create next generation capabilities. One of our objectives is to support the CoE's Digital Transformation Advanced Analytics initiatives by empowering clients through the use of advanced analytics, enhance decision making and allow for insight-driven collaboration.
As a member of our team, you will drive innovative digital solutions that support the Consumer and Business teams. You will be working on multiple advanced analytics projects to drive change among these teams by delivering critical insights. You will help to envision, communicate, and facilitate deployment and execution of data and analytics work produced by the BA CoE, while collaborating with multiple Business and Finance teams across Verizon.
* Develop strong relationships with business partners to drive volumes, revenue and profitability by supporting analytics needs.
* Build strong cross-functional relationships and serve as an analytics subject matter expert.
* Collaborate across teams to determine appropriate data sources, develop data extraction and business rules to be used with visualization reporting tools.
* Analyze results, communicate findings and make recommendations to business partners and Executives.
* Perform ad-hoc deep-dive analytics to understand results and opportunities.
* Evaluate existing processes and develop digital solutions to reduce manual work, drive self-service while enhancing analytic capabilities.
* Share and incorporate best practices across Verizon using new and upcoming data management & analytics tools (e.g., Hadoop, Alteryx, Knime, Tableau, and Qlik).
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Information Systems, Analytics/ Business Intelligence, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience developing and implementing analytical solutions, data management, and data visualization.
* Project management skills.
* Experience using MS Excel to develop analytical reports and/or models.
* Experience with R, Python and exposure to AI/ Machine Learning.
* Experience with Teradata/ Oracle/ MS SQL Server and ability to analyze data using SQL.
* Experience with Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Qlik or similar digital analytics tools.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science or relevant.
* Three or more years of data management, pattern recognition and visualization used to realize tangible and incremental financial gains and deploy strategic capabilities.
* Usage of SAS/ SPSS, Alteryx/ Knime or comparable tool; ability to use/ program in SQL, VBA, Python, R or other related tools.
* Knowledge of how financial performance affects business strategy and objectives.
* Experience working independently or with a group to meet strict delivery dates and milestones.
* Experience working with large and complex data sets stored and processed in Hadoop and Teradata environments.
* Knowledge of Verizon Consumer and Mass Business Products and Services.
* Knowledge of data sources within Verizon data warehouses and reporting tools.
* Worked with Business Intelligence systems to provide diagnostic self-serve information to clients and business units.
* Experience investigating and solving complex technical problems and data discrepancies.
* Experience working with cross functional teams to deliver results.
* Ability to define the future state, as well as identifying the steps to get there.
* Experience in process and requirements documentation.
* Experience preparing professional presentations and presenting to senior leaders.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.