Simplicity. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining networks easier than it has ever been before. Simplified and smarter networking means that businesses run more smoothly, and more people have reliable access to the information they need. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
You will join a test team that is fully embedded within our software engineering team. We handle all types of testing projects for our cloud managed products; from nightly feature tests across the latest firmware images to performance testing of all kinds. We run large scale testing to measure how small changes could impact our performance. Our products are used in over a million networks and our customers rely on our products to serve tens of millions of people. With the large footprint that we have, quality is our highest priority. We are looking for the newest additions to our teams who are as passionate about quality as we are. Meraki engineers put the customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are empowered to make impactful decisions. Your contributions will make a direct impact on the success of our business.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
A day in the life of a Wireless Performance Test Engineer:
You will get to design performance and scale wireless LAN testbeds comprised of access points and Wi-Fi clients from the ground up that has the ability to change topologies on the fly. You will work on our latest MR hardware through all stages of their development life cycle. You will maximize the reliability and performance across Meraki MR device firmware. Additionally, you will work closely with our product & development teams to build out repeatable test methodologies and create detailed marketing collateral.
* Evaluating 802.11 wireless performance and investigating issues on products before market launch
* Devising and executing test plans for new features before they ship to customers
* Supporting our firmware engineers in building test cases, understanding test results, and reproducing and resolving bugs
* Supporting automation development for various performance testbeds including RF Chambers, Octoscope, Rate vs. Range, multi-client, etc.
* Working cross-functionally with Meraki's software development team as well as third-party vendors to verify interoperability with key client devices and network components
* Reproducing performance problems discovered in customer networks and working directly with our firmware engineers to resolve them
* Performing competitive analysis of offerings from various other vendors. This may include advanced Wi-Fi features testing, paper analysis as well as driving cross-functional testing efforts
* Technical degree or equivalent experience with a strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer networking (wired and wireless)
* Knowledge of 802.11 standards and specs. Work experience with 802.11 wireless protocols and switching network technologies
* Working knowledge of core network protocols like TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs, etc.
* Hands-on experience with iperf, Ixia Traffic Generators(Ixia Chariot, iPerf, iGen, etc.) and similar performance testing tools
* Experience in analyzing Wireshark packet captures (wired and wireless) to troubleshoot and root cause issues
* Experience in configuring wireless routers or access points
* Experience in creating and executing test plans for software features
Bonus points if:
* You have experience in product performance testing or QA
* You have CWNA/CCNP wireless or similar certifications
* You have experience in setting up and configuring VMWare vCenter and related services
* You have used development infrastructure tools such as Jenkins, JIRA
Based in our sunny San Francisco office with stunning views of AT&T Ballpark and the Bay beyond, Meraki offers an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with gourmet snacks, cappuccino machines, daily catered lunches, and a generous benefits package.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.