As a SW Engineer, you will work on various innovation projects, with a focus on networking, IoT, data centers, cybersecurity, and Cloud. You will collaborate within a diverse team (internally as well as externally to Cisco), to develop new technologies:
* Contribute best-in-class system integration and programming skills in highly innovative projects
* Convert ideas and specifications into prototypes
* Debug, test, and administration of development environments, and operational activities
* Work with BUs to onboard open source software products
Who You'll Work With
The Chief Technology & Architecture Office (CTAO) engineering team explores new business opportunities, technologies and architectures that make a meaningful difference for Cisco and the industry based on customer feedback, proof of concepts, and co-innovation with business owners & ecosystem partners. CTAO oversees architectural governance and drives company-wide alignment of innovation activities through partnerships, external engagements, and community building.
You will be part of the European Co-Innovation team in Switzerland, to incubate and develop new technologies. The high impact projects are typically delivered in small groups that iterate rapidly while collaborating intensively with the various business units, customers and partners. Because of the wide diversity of projects, members of our team are continuously learning and growing their skills and knowledge.
Who You Are
* MSc degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
* 2-4 years development experience in a variety of languages (Python/R, C/C++, Go) with sound knowledge of Linux
* Experience building prototypes combining hardware and software
* Background in one of the following domains: IoT, Cloud native/high availability platforms, Big Data
* Good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
* Curious and a genuine desire for learning new technologies and developing new ideas
* Ability to achieve/stretch goals, being proactive and agile while working with teams in various time zones
* Good hands on experience in prototyping with hardware (sensors, Rasberry Pi, …) is a plus
* Good understanding of HW/SW design and architectural patterns,
* Knowledge in one the following areas:
o IoT: networking/radio protocols (RPL, 6LowPAN, IPv4/IPv6), data distribution standards (MQTT, AMQP, Websocket,…)
o Cloud Native: Containers, virtualization, Kubernetes, and OpenStack
o Big Data: Spark, Kafka, and Hadoop, AI/ML (Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch)
* Exposure to IP networking and routing protocols
* Fluent in written and spoken English
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.