Automation Engineer will be responsible for implementing automation frameworks to support shift left, and test driven development for the enterprise to achieve "Continuous Testing" objective and facilitate quality delivery, increased efficiency, and reduced costs. Also, responsible for development, implementation, maintenance, and enforcement of testing policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure a consistent testing framework is applied across the company.
The role requires tactical delivery within a Scrum culture, strong leadership capabilities to advocate and implement quality assurance processes across multiple product lines. Will require strong interpersonal / relationship management skills, project management, and Global team player expertise and will proactively and collaboratively take part in all testing related activities and establish partnerships with key stakeholders in the Product Management, Development, and the Technology Operations teams to drive overall Quality Engineering from inception to production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of automation frameworks, and tools development to support overall test architecture for hybrid environment (Cloud, On-premise) with a vison to achieve "Continuous Testing" objectives for large-scale integration of systems to reduce manual test efforts, and execution duration, while increasing quality, and test coverage.
* Work with geographically dispersed teams including multi-vendor into Scrum teams to meet "Continuous Testing" objectives faced by today's corporations
* With Extensive interpersonal skills, will engage and energize teams to achieve aggressive goals. As a natural leader, who inspires trust and respect across a variety of disciplines
* Automation of all operational practices is the name of the game. Work to automate testing and deployment across the board
* Eagerly automate and apply advanced engineering to the quality assurance discipline by continually identifying new technologies and disciplines as they emerge
* Creative problem solver who will be implementing continuous improvements to processes, and sharing process frameworks, tools and best practices that may be adopted throughout the enterprise.
* Establish comprehensive end to end automated test integration suites that execute continuously
* Automation Architect, Lead developer with expertise in test automation tools for Web, Mobile, API, and devices
Qualifications and Experience
* Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience in large cross-functional teams or projects. 2+ years as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) or Automation Engineer. Consideration given to equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Strong experience in successful development and implementation of Data/ Key Word Driven automation frameworks for web, Mobile, and web services/API test automation frameworks for REST/JSON/SOAP
* Strong knowledge of object-oriented development using Java, C#, Python or similar programming languages
* Good technical knowledge on QA industry tools - JIRA, Zephyr, IBM TFS, HPALM, HP UFT, Selenium Web Driver, SOAP UI, Groovy, Shell and Assurance/Testing IT competencies
* Strong proficiencies with DevOps tools and practices and demonstrated ability to align quality engineering strategy with broader cloud and operations automation efforts
* Experience in test data management, service virtualization to achieve readiness of environment for continuous testing
* Hands on experience on Automation/Build tools such as TFS, TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus, Kubernetes, Dockers
* Experience in using Version Control Tools like TFS, GitHub, VSTS, GitLab, Bitbucket
* Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Unit test automation, Code coverage, Build and Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management)
* Proficient in using cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure
* Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries.
* Understanding of Unit Test Cases writing and having good knowledge in Junit,/NUnit, Mocha & Protractor
CBRE Group is a real estate services and investment company.