Test Automation Analyst will be instrumental in defining, documenting, implementing, and maintaining the automated testing framework for Costco's Credit & Loyalty (and Membership) systems. This person will be involved in working with the Design, Development, and Quality Assurance teams to define and document automated test framework requirements, analyze target application/system under test to derive effective automated test scenarios, develop automated test scripts, execute automated tests, report and analyze test results, and report discovered defects. This person will be responsible for manual testing effort as necessary.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Provides accurate project estimates for assigned tasks as requested by the automation team/project lead or project manager.
* Collaborates with development, QA and business analysts for identification of coherent and targeted automation framework and automated test script requirements.
* Designs and develops automation frameworks and associated test scripts using Ranorex, Parasoft SOATest, and HP Quality Center/ALM.
* Ensures the completeness and accuracy of all documentation for assigned work products, including automation script creating, execution and keeping it up to date with the application changes.
* Mentors other automation Analysts or members of the QA team members on design and usage of completed deliverables.
* Provides weekly status reports highlighting progress, accomplishments, issues, and action items.
* Keeps up with current technology related to his/her area of focus. This will be accomplished through ongoing formal and informal training and reading industry information.
* Creates and gains project approval on project test plans.
* Creates and/or oversees the creation and approval of project test cases.
* Executes test cases and adheres to test schedules.
* Participates in the defect triage process.
* Oversees or generates all QA-related documentation.
* Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* 4-year degree in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent work experience.
* 5+ years hands-on experience with scripting and executing automated tests required, with expertise in leveraging the diverse capabilities of Selenium preferred.
* 5+ years' hands-on experience in software QA testing, Quality processes and methodologies.
* 5+ years' experience developing, sustaining automated frameworks and scripts for automated functional testing in one or more of the following technology domains required: Client-server/RDBMS with one or more of the following operating systems: Windows server, or UNIX/AIX, .NET Desktop applications, and n-tier enterprise level ecommerce websites.
* Proficiency in test script and framework component development with this core tool set is essential.
* T-SQL programming experience, for script creation to compliment/enhance QTP test scripts. Experience working in DB2 preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered.
* Experience with databases such as Oracle, and/or DB2 and the ability to write SQL queries.
* Experience with web services testing. Experience using Parasoft SOATest a plus.
* Positive team player with excellent communication skills (written, verbal).
* Proven ability to work under pressure & effectively with various IS technical teams with minimal supervision.
* Experienced in analysis and problem solving, development best practices, troubleshooting and maintenance.
* Willing to work nights and weekends, perform on-call support as scheduled.
* Comparable experience with IBM Rational Functional Tester, Segue/Borland SilkTest, Visual Studio Team Test, or equivalent may be considered.
* General understanding of retail industry with a focus on Merchandising.
* General understanding and knowledge of application server w/Java, Web-services.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
About Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.