"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is currently seeking a Telecommunications Specialist to support a customer facility in the Arlington, VA area. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance that has been adjudicated in the last 3 years and also requires the ability to obtain and maintain special accesses.
Responsibilities may include the following:
* Implement, monitor and maintain local and wide area networks that typically link to numerous computer platforms, operating systems and network topologies
* Implement telecommunications and video systems in government secure networks
* Perform duties during a 12 hour shift at communications sites and on a rotational basis and perform daily standby duty to assume shift duties of personnel not able to report for shift or to respond to an alternate duty location
* Install, maintain and operate site telecommunications systems and equipment
* Perform tests and services on all site communications equipment, computers and their associated local area networks, secure and non-secure switching networks, cable and Direct TV Satellite equipment, Video Teleconferencing and radio systems and equipment
* Maintain inside plant cabling as required
* Maintain and update daily maintenance reports and logs as required
* Active TS/SCI security clearance is required with adjudication within the last 3 years and the ability to obtain and maintain special access requirements
* Two (2) years of college in a computer field and five (5) years of related experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience for a total of seven (7) years. Progressive relevant training and/or certification in appropriate discipline may be substituted for one (1) year of the education or experience requirement
* Experience as a Network and /or Systems Administrator
* CompTIA IT Certifications (A , Net , Security , etc.) strongly desired
* Understanding of the mid-range computer hardware and software features
* Experience with PC maintenance
* Experience with Video Teleconferencing Systems operation
* Switching systems
* Experience with radio systems equipment operation and maintenance
* Experience with inside plant cabling
Essential Job Functions
Work will be done in an office and field environment. The ability to lift and move 50 lbs required.
Office and field environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members across the customer's organization.
Equipment & Machines:
Computer equipment knowledge required to provide troubleshooting and analysis's of operations. General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. The Telecommunications Specialist will perform duties during a 12 hour shift at austere communications sites and on a rotational basis perform daily standby duty to assume shift duties of personnel not able to report for shift or to respond to an alternate duty location.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior
that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Little to no travel. Active TS/SCI security clearance is required, with adjudication in the last 3 years. Must also have the ability to obtain and maintain special access requirements.
About Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering provides professional, technical, and construction services.