"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is seeking for contingent offer only a DevOps Engineer in Washington, DC. Duties will include:
* Facilitates the release of more reliable apps - faster and more frequently.
* Build and operate fast and scalable workflows to get applications into the cloud in a more secure and cost effective manner.
* Deploy and configure daily builds and troubleshoot failed builds
* Communicate with developers, information security professionals, and project managers to continually improve development and deployment capabilities.
* Work with developers to support and troubleshoot applications.
* Design and build automation solutions for the environment for application source, deploy pipeline, and configuration management systems.
* Identify application development, build, and deployment activities that can be automated.
* Engineer automation solutions within DevSecOps.
* Implement continuous build, integration, deployment and infrastructure as code systems.
* Continually review and recommend improvement to operational process and procedures.
* Implement and manage standard tools and services for automated test for each environment.
* Design, develop and support cloud engineering change management processes.
* Must be willing to obtain and maintain an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance and EOD approval.
* BS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university and ten (10) to fourteen (14) years of progressive experience, or an MS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline, and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and four (4) to seven (7) years of progressive experience.
* Require demonstrated technical expertise in computer system applications.
* Minimum 5 years of experience of Linux administration, including system designs, configurations, maintenance, upgrades and administration.
* Demonstrated strong programming skills using a preferred language, for example, python, ruby, java, nodejs, or similar
* Experience with AWS technologies (S3, EC2, ELB, Subnet/AZ, IAM, KMS, CloudWatch, Lambda)
* Experience with enterprise monitoring tools including splunk and CloudWatch
* Experience creating cloud infrastructure as code using Terraform and/or CloudFormation
* Excellent user interface / interpersonal / written and verbal communication skills
* The ability to operate in a team environment consisting of both internal and external members, co-workers and customers
* Experience in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of both open source licensed and Commercial-off-the-Shelf software tools.
* Experience with CI/CD tools such as Teamcity, Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline
* Experience with DevOps-related utilities including Bitbucket, Nexus, Consul, and Artifactory
* Experience with infrastructure automation testing following CI/CD practices including liniting with foodcritic and rubocop, unit test with chef-spec and integration test with in-spec
* Preferred Qualifications (desired but not required):
* General understanding of Java and related tools (maven, flyway, tomcat and EMS)
* Ability to perform defect root cause analysis and provide resolution
* Ability to use a variety of open source technologies and cloud services
* Scripting experience with shell or python or ruby
* Enterprise Docker expertise
* Experience with CM tools. Chef is preferred
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.