We have multiple openings for subject matter experts to join an interdisciplinary team conducting analysis of foreign ballistic missiles and other advanced conventional weapons systems and their implications for the national security interests of the United States. You will apply a combination of technical expertise, critical thinking, and in-depth analysis of information from all sources to provide threat assessments in support of customer objectives and mission. These positions may occasionally require off-site travel, including domestic and international, for sponsor and customer interaction as needed.
* Independently under minimal direction, conduct research on a broadly defined set of complex, sensitive, politically significant national security topics, primarily to include ballistic missile development/production, liquid and solid propellant propulsion systems, guidance, navigation and control systems, aerospace systems, advanced conventional weapons systems and related technologies and maintain awareness of relevant current events and information in assigned areas.
* Use independent judgment to contribute to the development of a focused national security research program in assigned areas that address complex key science and technology and policy questions, identifying priorities, defining problems, and proposing analytic methodologies.
* Identify priorities, define complex problems, propose analysis methodologies, collect and organize data, and write assessments in support of sponsor and other stakeholder objectives.
* Prepare assessments that adhere to intelligence community analytic standards.
* Present analytic findings as verbal briefings to sponsors and other stakeholders.
* Contribute to the development of new program opportunities, including the definition and development of research proposals and interaction with potential sponsors and customers.
* Maintain required security in a Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) environment for information that is under the analyst's direct control.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Contribute substantial subject matter knowledge on national security issues to inform the development of strategies and plans to meet programmatic objectives.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, physical sciences, related field or the equivalent combination of education and significant prior relevant professional experience and demonstrated ability to perform independent work.
* Advanced and/or significant knowledge in one or more of the following areas: solid rocket motor propulsion, liquid rocket motor propulsion, liquid/solid propellant production, aerospace reentry systems, aerospace guidance, navigation and control (GNC) systems, or other relevant discipline.
* Significant experience working with multidisciplinary teams in achieving complex project objectives; demonstrated strength in partnering with outside organizations successfully.
* Significant experience working effectively under deadlines, reasoning effectively under broadly defined objectives and limited information, coordinating workload on multiple complex projects simultaneously, and meeting deadlines with conflicting priorities.
* Experience working across organizational work units, utilizing effective teamwork and customer service skills.
* Advanced verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment, author complex technical analyses, and present technical information to external sponsors and customers.
* Ability to travel off-site, including potentially internationally, for sponsor and customer interaction.
Preferred candidates will possess
* Master's degree in engineering, physical sciences, related field or the equivalent combination of education and significant previous and relevant professional experience.
* Ability to lead the application and development of highly complex principles, theories, and concepts in a creative and innovative fashion.
* Proven success delivering expert level, high-quality, impactful technical products of high complexity; substantial experience successfully managing and leading multidisciplinary project teams; expert verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively collaborate with internal and external teams and advise and influence senior management and external sponsors.
* Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience working within/with space or missile development companies and/or the intelligence community analyzing national security issues to include one or more of the following topics: foreign ballistic missile programs, space, or emerging technologies.
* Experience supporting or working with the intelligence community and/or U.S. military.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
About Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering provides professional, technical, and construction services.