Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $440 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Business Unit: Innovations
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Innovations (BXi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone's businesses andnew growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies. BXi is nimble and entrepreneurial - our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
As a member of the technology innovation team at Blackstone, you will work with a group of talented individuals in a highly team-oriented environment to create the next generation of innovative solutions for Blackstone and the financial community at large. Leverage your entrepreneurial background and successful work experience in both technology and the finance industry to help shape Blackstone. We are seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager/Business Analyst with a proven track record of success across a wide array of product lines and system architectures. You will play a pivotal role in all technical decisions. You will also serve as a key decision maker and problem solver, who can consult widely, synthesize information from multiple sources, formulate options and drive complex problems to a solution. In order to be successful, you will leverage your strong technical knowledge and experience.
* Building a deep understanding of user motivations, market opportunities and competition through research and design exploration
* Comprehending business problems, processes and insights to translate into actionable items that will develop a technology design
* Designing and specifying user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques including customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery
* Iterating on designs based on user feedback, user research, technology constraints and market dynamics
* Effectively communicating research findings, conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
* Leading the interactive design process, driving decisions, tracking issues, and assisting in estimating and managing release schedules
* Discussing, presenting and documenting designs and design decisions effectively to varied audiences
* Launching and governing projects and programs to ensure the completion of technology projects
* Developing rollout and training plans to create user adoption of new or existing tools to ensure that the business value from those projects is fully realized
* Working with cross-functional teams (client working groups, business owners, engineering, QA, etc.) to manage the entire lifecycle from concept to completion
* Developing and nurture business relationships across the firm at all levels of the organization
We are currently seeking a Senior Product Manager/Business Analyst who must be entrepreneurial and have a passion to innovate and help build a world class technical ecosystem for this new entity.
* Experience a must; 4+ years preferred
* Demonstrated significant leadership experience as a team lead or similar role
* Project management experience; Custom software development engagements/experience a plus
* A self-starting, entrepreneurial attitude
* A desire to be a part of and help grow a great team and organization
* The passion to learn, grow, and help us to improve our business
* Bachelor's degree or higher; Actuarial background/experience a plus
* Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
* Capacity to work within complex systems and large data sets
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.
About Blackstone Group
Blackstone Group is a multinational private equity, alternative asset management, and financial services firm.