Front-End UI Architect
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $457 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Innovations (BXi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone's businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXi is nimble and entrepreneurial - our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
Job Title: Front End UI Architect
As Blackstone's Front End UI Architect, you will develop and manage innovative technologies that are changing the Alternative Asset Management industry. You'll serve as a front end subject matter expert, working alongside and guiding more than 100 technologists to design, build, deploy, test, and support custom applications. You will be expected to take ownership of projects and identify business design gaps with the business analysts. You'll tackle a variety of problems ranging from enforcing design consistency to optimizing web page performance. You'll devise elegant solutions to Blackstone's challenges, and put your own best ideas to work in an entrepreneurial environment inside one of the world's most successful companies. Success as a Front End UI Architect on our team means delivering business value, great code, and helping set Blackstone's technology direction for the long term.
At Blackstone, you'll:
* Learn from and be mentored by technology and business leaders who have different skillsets and backgrounds
* Shape and grow a world class technology team
* Attend and host technology events and meetups around the city with your colleagues
* Help to design and roll out open source initiatives, cloud infrastructure, and a technical blog
* Take advantage of a variety of training opportunities
Skills and experience:
* B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar
* Demonstrated significant leadership experience as a team lead or similar role
* Technical software development and system architecture experience as an individual contributor
* A desire to be a part of and help grow a great team and organization
* A self-starting, entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
* Ability to work within disparate systems of varying ages and drive the team towards consistent implementation
* Advanced knowledge of multiple UI frameworks including React
* Ability to drive wide ranging projects from inception to completion
* Desire to teach, coach, and mentor others
* Ensures that the team produces high quality code, facilitates communication and feedback
* Confident in your beliefs but willing to adapt based on new information
* A desire to keep improving and learning
* Ability to drive consensus without clear authority
How you'll make an impact:
* Ability to build standalone, front end web applications that can target any type of back end (.NET, Python, etc.)
* Use modern software development methodologies and tools like Jira to manage and deliver projects
* Guide the team to
* Create reusable components in React
* Implement responsive layouts
* Style applications using SCSS and Bootstrap
* Write automated unit, integration, and deployment tests
* Use TeamCity and Jenkins to automate deployments
* Identify opportunities to automate away repetitive tasks
* Lead technical design and code reviews to drive projects towards the best results
* Promote, implement, and evolve development best practices
* Implement modern build tools using Webpack or similar
* Work with legacy front end code and drive re-platforming to modern frameworks
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.
About Blackstone Group
Blackstone Group operates as multinational private equity, alternative asset management and financial services firm.