What you'll be doing...
Verizon is looking for out-of-the-box thinkers to help us build and manage the Verizon Cloud Platform (VCP). People who are hard-working, and really want to help transform the way we do operations. What we do really matters to the business. This is a great opportunity for you to bring your technical leadership, skills and experience to life as part of a small team within a large organization. We operate with a lean startup mentality with the support of a large directional division. You will have the experience and expertise of the best network team in the world behind you as you help the team transform infrastructure, workload, and product through content delivery, mobility, and Verizon's enabling of the Internet of Things.
* Envision, architect, document, and support cloud deployment automation, implemented as "infrastructure as code" for the global deployment of the Verizon Cloud Platform (VCP).
* Provide tier 2 support as an overlay to tier 1 support with solution architecture team, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
* Design, build, test, deploy and operate application services and APIs supporting core network elements.
* Execute continuous integration, continuous deployment, and DevOps best practices.
* Work closely with solution architecture and security remediation teams with the execution of patching, upgrading, and deployment plans alongside curation of the patch, upgrade, build schedule.
* Troubleshoot and triage problem reports, resolve and escalate as required.
* Produce documentation for code, APIs and procedures.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Two or more years of software development experience.
* Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible / Chef / Puppet.
* Experience with github source code control (bitbucket, gitlab are ok).
* Experience developing and working in a virtualized environment (OpenStack, QEMU).
* Experience with Docker containers.
* Knowledge of microservices architecture design and implementation.
* Experience with RESTful services and APIs.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Good grasp of SQL (specifically mysql and postgres) and how to use it from scripting languages.
* Strong agile/scrum development experience.
* Jinja2 templating experience.
* Familiarity with container management/deployment environments (Kubernetes, Hashicorp Nomad, Docker Swarm).
* Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience with CI/CD e.g. Screwdriver, CircleCI, Jenkins.
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, work independently, and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be detail oriented.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.