Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - New Hampshire - Newington
The primary focus of the Technical Support Representative to effectively process customer requests for basic technical support. The Representative provides routine assistance and recommendations regarding basic functionality and common repair problems to resolve customer equipment needs. Through active listening and probing of customers, the Representative collects information and inputs data into the case management system to document customer contact and/or establish foundation information for follow-up by senior level technicians. The Representative also provides copies of operator manuals and other support documentation, identifies spare parts, up-sells complementary products and services, provides parts quotations, facilitates product returns by generating Returned Material Authorizations (RSO) and creates Field Service requests and completes dispatching of field service technicians.
Responsibilities will include:
* Responding to customer calls, e-mails, web, or voice mail requests with technical support.
* Driving to attain resolved case status with customers within task scope on first contact, or:
* Fields customer complaints and enters issues into the Salesforce.com
* Reviewing open orders and expediting their fulfillment.
* Utilizing the system to provide price info. for spare parts and preparing written quotations.
* Processing service orders for depot and field repairs, preparing decontamination and repair authorization forms, obtaining POs from customers for repairs and dispatching field service technicians.
* Processes requests for warranty replacement parts for both domestic and international customers.
* Interacting with other departments such as Dispatch, Customer Service, Finance, Shipping, Field Service, Procurement, Sales, Engineering, etc. to address customer issues.
* Coordinating with other team members to ensure customer service level goals are attained.
* Performing administrative duties as required such as, but not limited to, report preparation, faxing, and filing.
* 1 years prior customer support experience, ideally in an inbound call center environment.
* Technical aptitude helpful
* Good judgment and critical reasoning skills necessary
* Previous use of an ERP system with order entry and help desk application.
* Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
* Technical/Mechanical aptitude
* Experience with regular use of MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook to prepare email correspondence and do basic reporting.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a global provider of laboratory products and services, life science solutions, analytical instruments, and specialty diagnostics.