Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - California - West Hills
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently seeking a Product Support Specialist I. Familiarity with the One Lambda
product line in general, with a working knowledge of Tissue Typing Trays, Lambda Cell Trays, Micro SSP,
Lambda Antigen Trays, Flow PRA and the LABMAS technology is preferred. However, because this position will
primarily focus on software support, intermediate computer skills are required. This individual is responsible for
processing TDX Customer Inquiries and must work closely with the Quality Assurance, Technical Application
Specialist (TAS), Sales, IS departments, and other product managers. This individual will be required to
maintain direct contact with all TDX customers and channel partners and provide software technical support.
* Process Customer Inquiries (both Domestic and International).
* Provide instant technical support for One Lambda products and analysis software to TDX customer base by telephone or by e-mail.
* Diagnose and escalate more difficult problems to Tier 2 support.
* Log in all telephone and e-mail correspondence that does not result in a Customer Inquiry into designated communication log.
* Troubleshoot and manage intermediate-level hardware, software and network problems.
* Complete all investigations for Process Failures with full write up and move them to Quality with supervision.
* Interface between Quality Assurance, TAS, Sales, IS, and other product managers for appropriate communication to customers.
* Assist the TAS team with Technical Workshops if necessary.
* Disseminate product quality notices generated by Quality Assurance.
* Clearly notify customers of investigation outcomes and follow up with ongoing investigations as needed.
* Provide constant feedback to product enhancement requests.
* Understand how to use all of the Software & Equipment for support purposes.
* Proactively keep up with training on supported products and technology as new features and functions are added.
* Participate in regular training and continuing education which may involve some minimal travel.
* Bachelor's Degree in the Biological Sciences/Computer Sciences and 2-4 years of work experience.
* Good communication skills, phone and written correspondence.
* Maintain a positive and professional relationship with customers and staff.
* Diagnose technical problems quickly and communicate resolutions to the end user.
* Office productivity and collaboration platforms, preferably MS Office.
* Knowledge of One Lambda products recommended but not required.
* Knowledge of SQL Server, Windows OS, and basic networking recommend but not required.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a global provider of laboratory products and services, life science solutions, analytical instruments, and specialty diagnostics.