Mellanox Technologies is seeking a motivated expert Tier 2/3 Technical Support Engineer (TSE) focused on datacenter and networking technologies, to provide comprehensive solutions for complex installations, maintenance or operations for a broad scope of leading edge networking products. You will be the primary point of contact for our customers; assisting them with technical questions, troubleshooting and resolving their issues.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you are an approachable, proficient communicator who is fundamentally interested in taking ownership in resolving issues, while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained and delivered. You will interact with Engineering, Marketing, and Support teams regularly on technical issues.
In this role, you will:
* Resolve complex escalations and technical issues through meticulous research, reproduction, and troubleshooting for customers installing Mellanox products and supporting systems using Linux Operating Systems (Multi-distro)
* Responding to customer product support inquiries via telephone , email or conference calls
* Resolving customer issues during installation, operation, maintenance or product application or interoperability with other vendors
* Participate in cross-functional team meetings and provide feedback to engineering and marketing regarding product requirements, customer experience, support tools, etc.
* As a technical resource develop, re-define and document best practices to provide to internal teams(Support/R&D) for support process and improvements
* Site visits and conference calls with customers
2+ years in providing in-depth Customer Support and troubleshooting for hardware and software products.
In addition, you should have:
* Knowledge and experience in Linux System Administration, process management, package management, task scheduling, kernel management, boot procedures/troubleshooting, performance reporting/optimization/logging, network-routing/advanced networking (tuning and monitoring), storage configuration and troubleshooting (iSCSI), Virtualization (KVM) and Scripting.
* Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot networking protocols using tools such as TCPDUMP and Wireshark or similar packet generation and analysis tools
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain and manage the overall resolution for any escalated customer case under all circumstances.
* Excellent communication and presentation/oral skills
* Excellent verbal and written English skills
* Strong organizational skills and able to prioritize/multi-task easily with limited supervision
* Candidates should have a minimum of a four-year degree from an accredited university or college in Computer Science, or Electrical or Computer Engineering
* Industry common Linux certifications
* Clustering or Data-Center technologies including Upper Layer Protocols (i.e., MPI)
* OpenStack Administration
* Knowledge and experience with additional OS's such as Microsoft Windows, VMWare, Unix
* Ethernet and Storage technologies
* Clustering or Data-Center technologies
* Configuration and operational expertise with traditional network switch/router platforms - MLNX_OS, Cumulus Linux, etc.
Mellanox Technologies was founded in 1999 and has headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA and Yokneam, Israel. We are a leading supplier of innovative end-to-end InfiniBand and Ethernet connectivity solutions and services for servers and storage. We offer market-leading solutions that include adapter cards, switches, cables and software to support InfiniBand and Ethernet networking technologies. Our products optimize data center performance and deliver industry-leading bandwidth and scalability. In addition, we serve a wide range of markets including high performance computing, enterprise, data centers, cloud computing, big data and Web 2.0. We are constantly reinventing ourselves to stay ahead of the market and bring game-changing products and services to the industry.
Mellanox is an incubator for talent. We are a strong believer in developing our people and giving them the tools to succeed. We have a very competitive compensation package as well as frequent internal product training to keep people updated on new technologies. We are a fast growing company with a positive energy that comes from our team members' internal drive to develop, market, sell and support cutting-edge products and services. Mellanox often promotes from within and there's a sense of family that comes from the top down. We are committed to the community and donate 1% of our annual profit to charity as well as participate in green initiatives to reduce our carbon footprint.
Mellanox Technologies offers a competitive benefits program including medical, dental and vision insurance, 3-weeks' vacation, 10-paid holidays, sick leave, x2 annual salary Life Insurance/AD&D, 401K with company contribution, ESPP, and Stock (RSUs). At Mellanox, the work of each individual makes an impact on the success of our company. If you are looking for a rewarding career, talented colleagues and a great environment where you can challenge yourself, grow and lead, Mellanox is the right place for you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mellanox is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic characteristics, gender identity/expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you need assistance to perform your job duties because of a physical or mental condition, please let our Human Resources department know.
About Mellanox Technologies
Mellanox Technologies is a fabless semiconductor company that designs, manufactures, and sells interconnect products and solutions.