In Some Jobs You Take Orders. In This One, You Write History.
Join the healthcare information technology team that's turning drug and medical device data into knowledge used by thousands of hospitals; the majority of U.S. health plans, retail pharmacies, and pharmacy benefit managers; and millions of healthcare decision makers throughout the world. Partnering with our information system developer and healthcare institution customers, you'll help evolve leading-edge thinking into reality and make a measurable difference in improving human health.
We're looking for people who are: Intelligent. Productive. Committed. Willing and able to go above and beyond. Passionate about making a difference. Innovative. Energized. And want to play an essential role in a successful company's continued growth.
Are you ready for this exciting challenge?
The First Databank (FDB) Customer Success Consultant (CSC) II plays a critical role in supporting and facilitating the customer base in the implementation and configuration of the FDB healthcare products and business processes. The CSC will work closely with new, existing and potential FDB Customers to provide technical support in regards to product implementation, basic to advanced feature/function assistance, front-line application and technical troubleshooting, follow-up, and resolution, all with a customer service focus. Taking a consultative approach as a trusted and skilled advisor, the CSC collaborates with customers tactically and strategically to understand business and clinical objectives in order to determine best practices recommendations. This approach helps ensure customers achieve success with the implementation and a high level of customer satisfaction.
As needed, e-mail and phone support will include both inbound and outbound contact with customers and internal partners in an effort to resolve issues, inquiries, and requests in a timely manner. Coordinate activities between internal resources to bring about the timely resolution of issues. As an advocate of the Customer, escalate to management of recurring or severe issues that require additional attention and innovative solutions that would benefit the Customer. May work on special projects as needed.
* Develop and maintain a complete understanding of the FDB product features, issues, forthcoming enhancements, and services
* Deliver an exceptional on-boarding experience to each Customer that results in a rapid implementation and a high level of customer satisfaction
* Facilitate Customer implementations and migrations, developing recommendations that address their critical success factors by employing project management skills to ensure completion of the projects
* Provide technical assistance to Customers and internal departments
* Provide consultative services to Customers (on site as needed)
* Coordinate activities with internal resources to resolve issues
* Gather, create and employ best practices for implementing and using our products
* Conduct product demonstrations and be proactive
* Create and maintain documentation
* Function as a Subject Matter Expert and Customer Advocate by providing input (feedback from customers) on product content and functionality
* Various duties as assigned
* Bachelors (Computer Science or MIS) or comparable experience
* 3+ years programming, business analysis and/or data modelling
* 2+ years of experience in a customer service, technical support, or managing business relationships required
* Must be solutions oriented
* Working knowledge of key relational database terminology
* Must have exceptional customer service, project management or account management skills or consulting experience
* Must have strong ability to analyze functional and technical requirements and translate these into valid solutions
* Knowledge of physician, hospital or pharmacy prescription workflow and/or healthcare experience is a plus
* Experience with implementing and/or integrating healthcare software applications
* Ability to interact with clients and project team members (both internal and external) to understand requirements, develop methodology, deploy best practices, and execute deliverables
* Must have excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, strong teamwork, and communications skills with a professional demeanor, allowing the applicant to interface and communicate (oral, written, presentations, training, customer interactions, etc) clearly and expertly with clinical and non-clinical personnel at all levels of an organization portraying empathy and confidence
* Effective time management and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and complete tasks correctly, thoroughly, efficiently, on-time and independently
* Ability to act responsibly and reliably as a sole contributor and as a member of a team
* General computing knowledge and MS Office
* Functions independently within guidelines and with limited supervision with general direction from manager
FDB is the leading provider of drug and medical device knowledge that helps healthcare professionals make precise decisions. With thousands of customers worldwide, FDB enables our information system developer partners to deliver valuable, useful, and differentiated solutions. We offer more than three decades of experience in transforming medical knowledge into actionable, targeted, and effective solutions that help improve patient safety, operational efficiency, and healthcare outcomes. For a complete look at our solutions and services, please visit www.fdbhealth.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We value Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Teamwork, and Creativity. Our offices in South San Francisco and Indianapolis have been awarded with Top Workplaces honors by The Bay Area News Group and the Indy Star, respectively, including the most recent honor awarded to our Indianapolis office in 2017 & 2018 (the Top Workplaces honors are based solely on the results of an employee feedback survey by a leading research firm that specializes in organizational health and workplace improvement). FDB offers competitive salaries and extensive benefits - including medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurance, and matching 401k.
FDB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at email@example.com or by phone at 800.633.3453.
Hearst publishes monthly magazines.