What you'll be doing...
In this Verizon Network Planning Role, you will be responsible to drive an improved customer experience by finding creative ways for Verizon to attack and reduce robocalling, illegal and malicious calling, fraudulent activities, and telephone Denial of Service attacks. Join our effort to reduce/eliminate bad calling behavior, drive an improved trust in the voice network, and drive Verizon network quality forward.
This position will work across all Verizon voice and VoIP network environments, products, and interconnects to design network elements to protect users from undesired or illegal real-time sessions. You'll support network analysis for effectiveness of user tools and capabilities, while working with Peers to trace back to identify bad actors, including protocol analysis, process, and procedure.
* Design network solutions that add value to Verizon's customers, reduce operating costs, and ensure that the service to the existing customer base is not negatively impacted by the addition of protections against the bad network robocalling behaviors. Create designs, drive complex decisions regarding the introduction of new products, product enhancements, and infrastructure changes.
* Defining and driving network solutions for Verizon Enterprises in best-practices, solutions, and protections for malicious robocall notification and handling,
* Defining and driving network solutions for Verizon Consumers in best-practices, solutions, and protections for malicious robocall notification and handling
* Expanding and building upon STIR/SHAKEN principles and solutions in Verizon's network
* Develop complex technical designs through original thought, documentation (including patent efforts), cross-carrier collaboration, and leveraging vendors. Be able to take designs from early thought and assessment (including business costs/benefit analysis) through low level design work, lab certification, network deployment
* Communicate at a Technical level while mentoring and guiding less senior technical staff members both inside and outside of Verizon organizations. Prepare and Present materials to executive management.
* Provide support for field issues when they cannot be resolved via the operations teams and vendors (i.e., Assist Operations in resolution of network issues Tier 4 support).
* Potential for participation in Industry forums as necessary to drive standards, ensure industry trade groups are focused on providing tools and capabilities across the industry, and influencing regulatory thinking. Serve on technical panels to determine direction for the network as a whole (e.g., what standards to adhere to etc.).
You are an experienced planner / technologist interested in network routing, product and network design, and driving complex solutions across the business. Participating and leading large, highly technical projects, teams, and inspiring peers to deliver network solutions is personally rewarding. People know you for your ability to analyze issues, document and solve complex problems with innovative solutions. Thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, you manage competing priorities with ease, and never lose your laser-sharp focus on meeting deadlines.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience
* Six or more years of relevant work experience
* Experience in a carrier/Service Provider with VoIP network infrastructure design experience.
* Willingness to travel
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Strong experience in a larger carrier/Service Provider with VoIP network infrastructure design experience, product/service design capability, and ability to introduce new solutions into a production network.
* Working knowledge of IMS, VoIP, Carrier-Peering and Commercial arrangements, Rich Communications Service, Universal Profile, Chat, Voice, Message Exchange, Presence Servers, 3GPP Standards, Internet Protocol , Voice over IP including SIP, RTP, codecs, architectures/platforms - Session Border controllers, application servers, proxies, redirect servers, ENUM, back-to-back user agents, VoIP gateways.
* Willingness to provide sample technical documentation, oral presentation of technical material, and working-level formative documents.
* Experience with VoIP NNI and UNI, Tier-1 VoIP Interconnection, RCS Services, IMS Core Network Design, IETF/ATIS standards process, delivery of Formal Technical Documentation and requirements documents, and communicating at Executive Level, including AGILE/ITERATIVE design principles.
* Knowledge of SIP & TDM interconnect technology and experience working across carriers/service providers. Experience in SIP Headers and call handling, Trace back (protocol and tools), STIR/SHAKEN/PKI, VoIP, VoLTE/IMS, and TDM Call Flow Processing, Call Detail Reporting. Expertise in Network diagnostic tools and troubleshooting of WIRESHARK and protocol traces, fluent in SIP and negotiated SDP and Media packets
* Ability to exercise Programmatic thinking (Python, Ruby, C+, etc.) basics, Mobile Handset operation and App controls, Internet Protocol (basic layer 2, 3, 4) including switching, routing and firewalls, legacy voice networks including wireline and wireless, Enterprise Services and PBX / VoIP Trunking, Voice over IP including SIP, RTP, codecs, architectures/platforms - Session Border controllers, application servers, proxies, redirect servers, Call Gapping / Blocking Logic, ENUM, back-to-back user agents, VoIP gateways, IMS.
* Ability to design and deploy systems into a cloud native environments using Openstack constructs.
* Knowledge of primary vendors - Metaswitch, Oracle, Ribbon (Genband & Sonus), Cisco/Broadsoft, NetNumber, Nokia, Ericsson.
* Working knowledge of the Verizon Business, Verizon Telecom, and Verizon Wireless networks.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.