What you'll be doing...
Global Network & Technology (GN&T) Security Planning is seeking a routing/switching/optical system security SME to lead development of end-to-end security architectures and roadmaps for Verizon's Intelligent Edge Network (iEN) network. The iEN SME will also work with Verizon's iEN system owners to ensure security is built in from the beginning of the programs instead of being bolted on after the fact The IEN SME will use their system-level knowledge of routing/switching/optical networks to ensure Verizon has managed all significant security risks and eliminated redundant security capabilities. The SME will also work with academic and research institutions to identify and mitigate long-term security threats affecting the iEN.
As a member of the System SME team, you will work in a fast-paced environment focused on planning and managing security risk for Verizon's most critical systems. You will interact with the engineers building and operating Verizon's iEN, security engineering and operations teams, and the Verizon CISO organization to ensure your recommendations address operational considerations. You will leverage the Domain SME team in GN&T Security Planning to ensure your iEN deliverables account for all security domain considerations (e.g., security engineering, IAM, network/asset/data security, software development, assessment, testing, and operations).You will collaborate with vendors and the broader iEN and security communities to stay up to speed on the latest security developments and ensure their future capabilities align with Verizon's needs.
* Define objectives, technical work, and timeline for developing iEN security architectures, roadmaps, and requirements.
* Develop iEN security architectures, roadmaps, and requirements.
* Build relationships with program, engineering, operations, security, and CISO teams to understand how to develop plans that effectively manage Verizon's security risks.
* Communicate progress, findings, and ensure successful handoff of deliverables to program and operational teams.
* Build domain knowledge of Verizon's environment to understand long-term risk areas that will develop as the systems evolve.
* Provide thought leadership by participating in iEN and security forums and collaborating with academic and research institutions.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with Routing, Switching and Optical.
Even better if you have
* Bachelor's degree in a STEM field, (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering).
* Six or more years of experience related to computer or network security.
* Passive Optical Networks (PON), Routing/Switching Protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP).
* Knowledge ofCisco and Juniper network infrastructures.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work independently on multiple high priority projects.
* Ability to manage multiple high-visibility, complex technical projects.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Experience in routing/switching/optical networks and their functional components - especially security-related components.
* Experience with other key Verizon system areas such as LTE, 5G, IoT, big data, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cloud computing, etc.
* Experience building security architectures, roadmaps, and program requirements.
* Willingness to travel less than 25%
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.