You bring product ideas to life.
CB Insights is looking to add an experienced Project Manager for Data Science and Data Engineering teams. Our revenues have doubled YoY since 2013; this is an opportunity to join a fast-growing and highly visible Product team.
Day-to-day, you'll work closely with 2 teams of 4-6 engineers, in Agile sprints, to ship products on time.
Your work will touch hundreds of Fortune 1000 customers, the top VCs in the world and 580,000+ newsletter subscribers.
* Review quality and coverage of data sets end-to-end
* Translate business needs into Agile sprints goals; partner with engineering to deliver against goals
* Prioritize bug reports and data requests without blocking core product development
* Assist with product development: write requirements documents and own data and usability testing
* Execute on several projects concurrently, while balancing shifting priorities
* Work with Product Owner to develop data coverage and data quality metrics to surface a dataset into the platform.
* Communicate project status to executives and stakeholders; own timeline and deliverables
* Collaborate with project managers from Feature Teams to bring new datasets and enhancements to existing dataset into the product
Required Skills and Qualifications:
* 2 years in project or product management for software products
* BA/BS in Computer Science or similarly analytical area of study
* You are analytical and a data geek; you enjoy experimentation, and are proficient in querying databases and using Excel
* Learn diverse datasets (news, sec filings, audio transcripts, patents, etc.) quickly; have experience analyzing breadth and depth of coverage for unstructured datasets
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Comfortable discussing implementation details on data architecture, warehousing, and storage techniques with engineers a must
* Familiar with natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning techniques a plus
* Agile development experience a must; familiarity with JIRA is a plus
* Startup experience a plus
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Perks and Benefits:
* Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
* 401k with up to 4% match
* $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
* Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, and Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
About CB Insights
CB Insights (formerly known as ChubbyBrain) is a provider of a tech market intelligence platform that predicts company health and strategy, investor performance, and technology trends.