Want to build a product that uses data to see and make sense of the future?
If you are passionate about data science and wish to use data to create innovative products that clients love, we want to talk with you!
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured and unstructured data and uses scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights from that data. We present those analytics through a sophisticated, dynamic user interface which enables our clients to find answers to their most important questions.
As a Data Scientist at CB Insights, you will explore and work with large data sets and use your experience in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to extract unique insights that become features on our platform. This involves working on a wide range of problems including text classification, entity extraction, topic modeling, recommender systems and others.
You will be part of a high impact R&D team with clear ownership and passion to form the future. The algorithms the team develops lead directly to new products and services we offer as a business. We want you to learn and understand the drivers of our business deeply and be able to explain your approach to your team and to others at the company.
Much of our software team has been with us for several years, despite a white-hot tech market with options galore. We attribute this to our collaborative, "teach and learn" culture where the role evolves with your interests.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights now!
* Build and improve models using natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning to extract insights from unstructured data
* Explore and analyze diverse datasets (news, sec filings, audio transcripts, patents, etc.) to find patterns and develop models underlying our products
* Use best practices for training, testing and validation to build accurate and reliable models
* Understand business requirements and identify best strategies and relevant data to solve the issue at hand
* Utilize ETL, database and analytical tools to extract and transform data for analytical needs
* Collaborate and work closely with Engineering, Product and Design to create high quality reliable products
* Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help to identify new opportunities and share knowledge with your colleagues
Requirements and Qualifications:
* Masters or PhD in computer science, computational linguistics or a related field
* 2+ years of professional experience working on NLP/ML projects
* Experience building and fine tuning NLP systems using conventional ML and NLP practices
* Knowledgeable about statistical modeling and optimization
* Proficiency with SQL
* Proficiency in Python
* Experience with using Spark and exposure to other big data technologies
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* Experience working with data warehouses Eg: Redshift and other similar database systems
* Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
* Believer in Lean and Agile values and principles for building software
* Helpful, Humble Human
* Love for experimentation
Perks and Benefits:
* Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
* 401k with up to 4% match
* $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, and Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
About Cb Insights
CB Insights (formerly known as ChubbyBrain) is a provider of a tech market intelligence platform that predicts company health and strategy, investor performance, and technology trends.