The Technical Project Manager (TPM) plans, coordinates, and facilitates Business Intelligence (BI) projects from start to delivery. The TPM works with data scientists, analysts, developers, and subject matter experts to understand business requirements, translates these requirements into technical and functional specifications, and shepherds them through the software development lifecycle. The TPM owns the progress of the project from the point of scheduling to the point of release to production, clearly communicates the project progress, resolves unknowns, and removes any impediments that keep the team from completing their assigned work.
* Owns assigned product feature delivery from start to finish.
* Partner and build relationships with Product, Ops, Engineering, QA, Finance, Marketing, and Sales leads to ensure that projects are developed and delivered to production as efficiently as possible.
* Working in partnership with Product and Business stakeholders, flesh out and/or create actionable technical project specifications from business requirements.
* Understand at a deep level the product features for which the team is responsible, becoming the "internal subject matter expert" for systems maintained by the team.
* Identify obstacles to efficient completion of delivery milestones and proactively remove or mitigate them. Adapt project scope in response to deadline changes and/or project obstacles to ensure delivery of valuable business features on the original deadline.
* Coordinate, influence and orchestrate with other project teams for cross-team dependencies.
* Ensure timely tracking and completion of project deliverables.
* Facilitate the project refining and estimation efforts to ensure that the team understands the requirements and has produced a work plan that accounts for known risks and mitigates unknown issues.
* Communicate scope or milestone changes early and clearly to stakeholders to ensure buy-in throughout the organization.
* Foster a collaborative environment reinforcing transparency, quality, and continuous learning.
* Work interactively with stakeholders and team members identify areas of improvement for the team or team's products.
* Provide executive team project reporting- project status, risks, issues and mitigation plan.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience with data warehousing and business intelligence.
* 3+ years of experience with data integration projects and business intelligence implementation.
* At least 3 years of experience with business intelligence design, development, production, installation, testing, and evaluation.
* Experience with reporting, dashboards, and data visualizations to meet business objectives.
* Strong understanding of business to technical requirement translation.
* Demonstrated ability to lead functional, technical, and strategic discussions to drive successful outcomes.
* Excellent written, communication and relational skills.
* Deep fluency with spreadsheet and presentation tools.
* Experience with both Agile and traditional (e.g., waterfall) development practices.
* Knowledge of tracking and reporting tools, JIRA preferred. Affinity with Confluence.
About j2 Global
J2 Global is an Internet information and services company.