About Everyday Health Group
Our mission is to inspire and empower people to live their healthiest lives, every day.At Everyday Health, we bridge the gap between lifestyle and medical sites, delivering trusted health information as well as fun-to-read tips and insights that make life a little easier. We are committed to providing our audience with trusted, evidence-based health and medical information from the nation's leading healthcare providers and patient advocates at the center of clinical care.
DevOps Engineer-The Opportunity
The DevOps team is responsible for the infrastructure that supports Everyday Health while providing global, quick, and secure access.
We build and provide solutions including:
* Development toolchain support: CI/CD pipelines, container schedulers, and custom applications.
* Infrastructure-as-code deployment tooling, supporting AWS services and some on premise virtualization.
* Metrics, logging, analytics and alerting for performance and security across all endpoints and applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Deploy, improve, and maintain highly available systems and services
* Research, evaluate, develop and deploy new applications to improve the environment. A large degree of autonomy is expected
* Build out a new environment architected with containerization in mind
* Work side by side with developers to understand the full development and deployment cycle
* Make suggestions, improve on existing infrastructure. and drive how development team thinks about infrastructure
* Champion best practices in DevOps to the entire tech organization
* Setup sophisticated and comprehensive alerting systems that will intelligently determine and notify responsible parties of problems in production systems
* Evolve our security practices to ensure a high level of compliance
* Leverage both system and software engineering skills in order to address the needs of the teams
* Be consistently learning, as staying on top of your game is part of your job
* Automate our infrastructure, software builds, testing, deployments, etc.
* Participate in an on-call rotation to support the websites we build and maintain
* 3+ years' experience in Production Operations Engineering / DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, or equivalent field
* 1-3 years supporting highly available .NET websites,
* Deep familiarity with DevOps, server / application and related security best practices
* Experience working with a cloud provider and in-house data centers
* Experience managing and developing highly-available and distributed servers.
* Implementing and creating CI/CD pipelines
* In depth understanding and practical knowledge of Windows and Linux Servers
* You have worked with AWS and are comfortable with the most essential services (eg. EC2, CloudFront, Route53, S3, RDS, ElastiCache, Lambda, API Gateway, ALBs, ELBs etc…)
* Experience in the following tools/areas:
* Active Directory, DNS, DFS, Security Groups and Permissions
* Continuous integration/deployment (e.g. Microsoft
* Continuous Integration, Jenkins, TeamCity)Scripting (e.g. Python, PowerShell, Bash, Perl, Ruby, Java, YAML etc...)
* Public Cloud (preference for AWS)
* Infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
* Auto-scaling and/or self-healing systems
* Serverless Applications / Lambda / API Gateway
* Web Application Firewalls
* VPC / IAM / Role
* Configuration Management and Automation tooling (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
* Packaging/Containers (e.g. Docker)
* Monitoring tools (e.g. NewRelic, ELK Stack)
* Version Control (Git)
* You are able to work independently, with teams and get things done. Communicate effectively by managing up and setting realistic expectations
* You value hard work, collaboration and the ability to strike the right balance between speed, quality and execution
* You know how to get things done and prefer pragmatic solutions to theoretical ones
Nice to Haves
* 2-5 years web application development
* SQL Server skills
* You are curious about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt
We are passionate about building quality software that actually helps our job seekers find jobs and advance their careers. We love collaboration, always desire to understand the business problem we're solving, push decisions down as low as possible, and encourage a culture of innovation and experimentation.
About j2 Global
J2 Global is an Internet information and services company.