The Associate Director of Software Engineering will direct the software development activities of multiple engineering teams for j2 Global® digital Fax product offerings as well as internal business application systems.
* Work closely with Product Management, Project Management, and Quality Assurance to ensure that applications and internal systems are developed in a timely manner, on budget, with required functionality and high quality
* Coordinate with other Engineering managers to effectively deliver product updates
* Deliver on j2's product strategy and product roadmap including both external products and internal business systems.
* Manage the day to day activities of j2 development and cross functional teams
* Contribute to product architecture efforts
* Review Project Design Documents on key initiatives
* Work closely with project manager and development team leads to ensure delivery to design
* Stay current on industry and competitive trends
* Evaluate and recommend new technologies as appropriate
* Participate in the development and evangelization of the Java and/or Node.js coding standards within the organization.
* Displays solid fiscal responsibility by managing and adhering to budgets and always seeking out operating efficiencies and economies.
* Work with Quality Assurance teams ensure the efficient and stable release of new product offerings
* Demonstrates an inclusive, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic by showing a willingness to participate in daily workloads when needed to make deadlines.
Job Requirements and Experience:
* 5 to 10 years of progressive growth in Leadership and Management experience in commercial software development
* Minimum of 5 years of architecture experience
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in API software development
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in developing large commercial web-based applications
* Experience in cross platform user interface design
* Experience with high-volume, consumer-facing platform scalability
* Experience with Web Services and API design
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Good understanding of current major development technologies (Oracle, MS Sql Server, MySql, JAVA, .NET, Telecommunications, REST, SOAP, JSON, etc.)
* Proficiency in internal applications such as CRM (SalesForce.com), complex billing systems, and Business Intelligence
* Knowledge of cloud-based and SaaS-based application delivery models
* Understanding of internationalization requirements and limitations
* Proven leadership and collaboration skills
* Excellent writing and speaking skills
* Self-starter/Able to take initiative in difficult situations
* Strategic/Tactical Thinking
* Functional Knowledge
* Business and fiscal knowledge
* Technical skills at a senior level of expertise
* Extensive experience leading multinational, distributed development teams
* Demonstrated experience successfully leading teams in a dynamic, fast time to market and customer focused environment.
* Consistently exhibits a personal accountability to outcomes to all team members, peers, and stakeholders.
* Strong organizational skills, including the ability to respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
* Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet deadlines
* Proficient in a broad variety of Agile development practices
* User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) knowledge
About J2 Global
J2 Global is an Internet information and services company.