We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We are building Square's Mobile Platform with a mission to power all of Square's Mobile Applications and bring efficiency to developing, building and launching Mobile Apps. In this role, you will own key mobile platform initiatives for Square's Android and iOS apps. You will drive key projects for the Mobile Platform Team across multiple products and organizations. Projects will span across a wide array of crucial initiatives from Mobile Design Systems, Mobile Frameworks, to Mobile Quality and App Health. The team is seeking a person with a strong technical background, preferably someone who has experience building mobile products. We value excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within diverse and cross-functional teams for this role.
* Partner closely with engineering leads and cross-functional disciplines to drive technical projects such as creating consistent Design Systems across all mobile apps at Square.
* Own OKRs and drive projects towards company-wide goals for Mobile Initiatives for Square's mobile apps.
* Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases across multiple product and platform teams.
* Provide day-to-day execution guidance and support for engineering projects, coordinating efforts across organizations and verticals, and helping unblock all teams across Square.
* Communicate project status to stakeholders and various key teams around the organization.
* Help Evangelize the Mobile Platform Initiatives at Square.
* BA or BS Management Information Systems, Computer Science, various Engineering fields, and/or equivalent technical field experience
* Technical knowledge and/or experience in Android & IOS Development
* Programming Experience for writing shipping code and/or work experience in managing engineering teams is a huge plus
* At least three years of project/program management experience.
* Experience communicating and translating non-technical to technical (and vice versa) requirements and discussions.
* Experience working across multiple teams and collaborating on solutions.
* Organizational, coordination, and multitasking experience.
* Experience with large-scale systems.
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square is a financial services, merchant services aggregator and mobile payment company.