We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We're looking for experienced web developers for our Web Presence Engineering team. It's a thriving group, building high-profile websites and back-end systems. Your role would play a key part in how Square connects to and educates new and existing merchants, and their customers.
* You'll work on one or more parts of our website stack, developing our content management and web performance platform - often in partnership with an interactive designer
* You'll write concise code, and sensible tests
* You'll scaffold integrations with third-party APIs
* You'll architect large-scale systems that keep things running smoothly
* You'll get mentoring and help, constructive pull-request reviews, and training
* You'll get a balanced, supportive, fun work environment-and career path
A bit about you:
* We're keen to see 4+ years of solid, practical, and ideally high-profile experience
* You have a strong interest in website development and online systems
* You are very comfortable in at least one object-oriented language, and associated web framework. Don't worry about which one-we'll train you in Ruby (and Rails)
* You're diligent, flexible, reliable, and tenacious
Technologies we use (and teach):
* Ruby, JRuby, Rails
* Go, Java, Jetty, protobufs
* MySQL, Redis, HBase, Hadoop, and Kafka
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square is a financial services, merchant services aggregator and mobile payment company.