External job description
Are you interested in a challenge that will reward your unique blend of business and technology skills? Are you excited by the opportunity to be central in addressing significant business-impacting processes and products? Do you enjoy the challenge and ownership that comes from delivering large, cross-functional, IT projects? As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) for Global IT, you will have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the future of Infrastructure.
As a Technical Program Manager you will facilitate successful ownership and management of the infrastructure life cycle from on board to general availability to deprecation. This role requires program and project management experience, from administrative functions to ensuring projects in the program are being executed within budget, on schedule and to the right quality bar. The Technical Program Manager will be the key point of contact for managing and operationalizing the roadmap of infrastructure changes for execution whilst being the key interface to cross functional stakeholders in AWS, GIT and the wider Infrastructure Excellence & Engagement (IEE) Program Management team.
The successful TPM will be responsible for:
* Manage and own complex projects having enterprise wide impact.
* Conduct pre-project requirement gathering, scoping, project approval, planning, delivery and verification of strategic goals.
* Develop gap analysis, functional specifications, project schedules and milestones.
* Work with stakeholders to identify resources needed, assemble project teams, and assign responsibilities.
* Assess costs, benefits and risks, plus identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively through effective action and appropriate escalation.
* Balance business needs with technical and security constraints.
* Clearly communicate goals, responsibilities, issues and status to team members and stakeholders.
* Lead and streamline infrastructure changes ahead of production as part of the Infrastructure Engagement and Excellence program.
* Ensure changes are effectively released when triggered by service owners, infrastructure end of life or end of sale.
* Build effective relationships with stakeholder and service owners.
* Manage infrastructure transition by ensuring changes are evaluated, prioritized, resourced, financially assessed, piloted and released through a gated process which includes hardware supply chain and engineering.
* Publish regular reports to maintain visibility and accountability across the program.
* Build and communicate long range global infrastructure roadmaps to feed into financial planning and the hardware supply chain.
* On board strategic infrastructure changes to enable alignment, fast deployment and business approval.
Success in this role will require a majority of the skills listed:
* Excellent project and program management skills
* Thrive in the face of ambiguity and not be deterred to address and prioritize multiple projects.
* Understand strategic initiatives and drive them to a successful conclusion.
* Build trusting relationships allowing you to own and drive programs.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.