As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Principal Support Engineer, you will offer strategic technical support to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction. A primary focus is to create/utilize automated technology and instrumentation to diagnose, document, and resolve/avoid customer issues. You are expected to be an expert member of the technical problem solving/problem avoidance team, routinely sought after to address extremely complex, critical customer issues. Services may be frequently provided by on-site customer visits.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 7 years experience with Core products or eight years experience with Applications products, BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle).
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle provides a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Oracle is hiring expert technical support staff for its Private Cloud Appliance engineered system, a cost-effective solution for rapid, hybrid cloud deployment and is the foundation of Oracle Cloud@Customer deployments which is based upon Oracle Linux and Oracle VM technologies. By joining this proven team of Linux and virtualization professionals, you will assist customers worldwide in resolving issues requiring your wide-ranging skill set. It is essential for the analyst in this position to be capable of providing sufficient support to customers in a timely manner.
* Remote technical support using phone, email, and web applications technologies for Private Cloud Appliance, Oracle Cloud@Customer, Oracle Linux and Oracle VM to customers worldwide.
* Handling, and pursuing customers for updates towards problem resolution.
* Customers will look up to you for assistance in addressing their needs in a timely, professional manner.
* Filing, tracking product defect reports.
* Requesting and tracking enhancement requests.
* Writing documents for our knowledge base, tracking and processing the comments on them.
* Continually exercise and grow your diverse skills as you deliver the highest quality support possible to customers.
* Proactive and reactive Escalation management including regular monitoring and reporting of open Executive-level escalated issues and coordinating Support/Development resources to expedite resolution.
* Handle service tickets from customers about Oracle's Private Cloud Appliance, Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and Oracle C@C products.
* Monitor team's service tickets and respond to them if needed.
* Propose training plans for team members by assessing daily work.
* Analyze software defects and communicate with our engineering team regarding them.
* Receive escalation requests and discuss countermeasures with customers.
Qualifications & Skills Requirement:
* Excellent knowledge of Oracle Linux, Red Hat platforms administration
* Knowledge of the Linux OS internals, particularly crash/vmcore experience
* Knowledge and experience of Xen tools/environment
* Experience with Virtualization and Cloud (Public or Private) environment
* Experience with C/Python programming
* Experience with InfiniBand, storage, and network knowledge are desirable
* Customer focused with a pro-active and responsive approach
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
This position may also require weekend shift work on a rotational basis with weekday(s) off in lieu.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.