Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
Big Data Platform (Java/Scala, Spark)
Principal Member of Technical Staff (IC4)
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
The OCI Data Integration Team is building the next generation of cloud services to solve these problems. We are building intelligent, efficient and scalable cloud services that tackle the data challenge in innovative ways.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with proven record of delivering large scale highly available system using Spark and other big data technologies.
* Build data pipeline using Spark and Scala
* Design, configure and implement systems that can scale to manipulate, understand, process gigabytes of data between heterogeneous on-premise and cloud stores.
* Work with operations to build and configure maintainable, resource-efficient systems
* Develop cloud services that process billions of transactions a day
* Contribute ideas for continually improving the team's productivity and code quality
Desired Skills and Experience
* 8 years of experience in software development
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm, & distributed system
* Proficiency in Spark, Scala programming
* Experience building Services using Spark
* Expert with Spark UDF's
* Strong programming skills in Java
* Experience working with distributed systems
* Experience with JEE, SQL/NoSQL, and concurrent programming
* Take initiative and be responsible for delivering complex software
* Excellent problem solver, analytical thinker and quick learner
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.