Req ID: 46917
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
We are looking for an experienced Java technologist who will work as part of the development team.
You will be responsible for:
* providing technical direction to the development teams working closely with the architecture team;
* driving and sharing best design practices and setting coding standards;
* implementing complex features supporting our core domain;
* ensuring a healthy level of technical stack consistency across the portfolio of our applications;
* analyzing impact of new business requirements on existing systems, architecture and performance;
* contributing to solution recommendations for the business;
* designing communication interfaces;
* driving effective technical collaboration within and across the development teams;
* coordinating important decisions with other groups involved in product development;
* proposing and evaluating improvement ideas to achieve outstanding performance, maintainability, operability and reliability of our systems;
Our team owns a number of real-time, highly scalable systems built in different technologies. The core of our platform - IntelliSell and IntelliSell Cache - are written in C++, but several other applications such as ML framework, Shopping Cache Management System, Merchandising Services and Pricing Domain Controller are built in Java. We're looking for an architect who would take the ownership over the mentioned Java applications. Complex interactions and mutual dependencies between our systems will be the main challenge while also presenting an opportunity to prove your technical experience and gain a lot of new ones. Our team is made up of experts from various business domains - shopping, pricing, customer record and fulfillment. The teams are organized into 3 scrum teams (4-5 Developers/ 1 QA), Product Owners.
* Machine Learning framework runs experiments on a fraction of live shopping traffic to test performance of different variations of Intellisell config settings. It uses the experiment results to train models to predict the optimal settings and will implement the models in Intellisell to use the ML learned optimized settings during shopping.
* Intellisell - an orchestrator application for all Air Shopping systems. It implements many processing flows (high level services) by making calls to several data sources (low level services).
* Intellisell Cache - an advanced, home-grown caching solution, optimized for use cases required by Intellisell. It stores each priced itinerary option that has been returned by shopping data sources. Such options can be later on independently fetched by subsequent shopping requests and combined into new shopping offers. It can work with almost any of the multitude of shopping data sources.
* Shopping Cache Management System (SCMS) - a system that monitors and reports on the accuracy of data stored in the IntellliSell Cache, and is responsible for charging of the Cache.
* Ancillary Services - the backend application that provides airlines, travel agencies and individual customers a wide range of ancillary product options to offer, order and shop for. Ancillaries are flight elements like baggage, selected seats, additional on-board services, etc.
* Merchandising Services - an application that provides data about Branded Fares to Shopping and Pricing.
* Pricing Domain Controller (PDC) - application responsible for authorization, validation, and routing of requests sent to Pricing systems. It is capable of performing message format transformations, content-based routing, and advanced error handling.
We would like you to represent majority of the following skills and abilities:
* Professional experience relevant to the role of Java Software Engineer:
* Experience in building complex, large scale, multi-tier applications
* Cloud-native architecture and Cloud-related technologies
* Good knowledge of modern versions of Java and Java based technologies
* Knowledge of ML related techonologies and libraries
* Knowledge of Object-Oriented Modelling, Java Design Patterns and Enterprise Integration Patterns
* Understanding of SOAP/XML and/or REST/JSON web services - including communication interface design skills
* Experience in data modelling; working knowledge of SQL/ NoSQL database technologies, and experience in related Java technologies such as JPA/Hibernate
* Understanding of matters related to Software Quality Assurance and Continuous Integration as well as knowledge of related tools, libraries & frameworks
* Ability to analyze application performance (using profiler, GC logs, etc.) and propose relevant optimizations
* Responsibility and sense of ownership of supported systems and applications
* Experience in any of the following areas will be a plus:
* Unix/Linux operating systems, shell scripting
* Application servers - Tomcat, JBoss
* Spring framework
* JMS technologies and related Message Queue & Message Broker infrastructure
* Scrum/Agile development methodology
* Travel business, related standards and technologies
Sabre is a technology solutions provider to the global travel and tourism industry.