Symplicity is a U.S. technology company building the world's leading student success software. With two decades of experience in the Education Technology space, we are deployed at more than 1,000 universities worldwide. We are incredibly proud to have helped more than 26 million students realize their dreams.
At Symplicity, we develop and maintain a suite of Software-as-a-Service products hosted in the AWS Cloud.
We're seeking Systems Administrator to join the team responsible for keeping our systems and data secure. This is a hands-on position responsible for conducting security scans and remediations, detecting and responding to security events, performing compliance activities, keeping documentation up-to-date, and in general developing solutions to improve the security of our systems.
* Provision, administer and maintain a variety of systems hosted on AWS.
* Participate in our efforts towards periodic/frequent security scanning (including vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits) and timely remediation of vulnerabilities).
* Monitor our systems for security events and investigate/respond as appropriate.
* Assist in the creation and maintenance of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures) under the direction of the Director of Engineering.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or an Engineering related field, or equivalent experience.
* Experience with monitoring for security events, evaluating and responding where appropriate.
* Strong understanding of Linux operating systems.
* Diligence in producing and maintaining documentation and evidence, especially for compliance activities.
* Good written and oral communication skills. Able to interact professionally with customers.
* Relevant Security certification(s) such as: CISSP, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security, and CCNP: Security.
* Experience with the AWS Cloud, specifically network configuration, security groups, IAM, etc.
* Having participated in the successful attainment in ISO 27001 certification, preferably at a Software-as-a-Service product company.
* Having participated in the successful attainment of FedRAMP certification at your company.
* Working knowledge of vulnerability scanning tools and techniques, and experience with a wide variety of vulnerability remediations, especially in a public cloud hosted environment.
Symplicity is proud to be an equal and diverse Employer. EEO/AAP/M/F/Disabled/Veteran.
Symplicity Corporation is a developer of SaaS-based software that enables institutions to streamline processes, improve outcomes and build relationships with their students and customers.