We're seeking a Full Stack Engineer to join a team of product specialists, developers and designers in building the world's leading campus recruiting software. You will play an integral part in developing innovative new features and enhancements to a product with global reach. Deployed at hundreds of colleges and universities, our software has helped connect millions of students to their dream career.
We are looking for a motivated developer that can hit the ground running and is comfortable working on the full software development stack including experience with backend scripting, database optimization, data modeling, RESTful apis, single page apps, Angular and test automation. The ideal candidate should have experience developing and maintaining web based applications using Agile software development methodologies. You will join a team responsible for the successful delivery of high quality releases against an always evolving product roadmap. You will be contributing to key initiatives around student engagement, usability, document management, and a revamp of the career fair module.
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of both server and client side rendering approaches and will assist in establishing and implementing coding standards and best practices around single page application architecture and api-centric design. Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
* Work with various stakeholders to finalize requirements
* Work with the product owner and the rest of the scrum team to groom and prioritize stories in Pivotal Tracker
* Collaborate with UX, visual designers, and QA to plan the user interface
* Work with senior devpers to architect and plan the implementation
* Work with QA to write end-to-end testing scenarios
* Write API documentation and tests
* Write unit tests and code
* Write optimal and properly indexed SQL queries
* Participate in code reviews
* Work with our sysadmins and senior developers to setup automated builds and tests
* Work with QA and other stakeholders to get everything approved in test and staging environments
* Properly integrate all work into our CI/CD pipeline so as to repeatably and reliably deliver updates to all environments, including Production
* We are looking for well designed software inspired by the SOLID principles of object-oriented design.
* We expect clean, self-explanatory code covered by relevant types of automated tests.
* We strive to follow Agile principles
* Strong communication skills
* Experience developing on the LAMP stack and single page apps
* Experience with PHP and Angular, or equivalent languages
* Working knowledge of GIT and various branching strategies
Bonus Points if You're Familiar with the Following:
* You have implemented significantly complex features on a Cloud-based product, preferably hosted on AWS
* Knowledge of PHPUnit and Karma for unit tests, Blueprint/Dredd for API docs and tests, and Gherkin/Behat for end-to-end testing.
* Experience with Gitlab and continuous integration, Composer for dependencies and modules, and Bower for JS dependencies.
* Experience with NoSQL and Elastic
* Familiar with Amazon Web Services
Symplicity is proud to be an equal and diverse Employer. EEO/AAP/M/F/Disabled/Veteran.
About Symplicity Corporation
Symplicity Corporation is a developer of SaaS-based software that enables institutions to streamline processes, improve outcomes and build relationships with their students and customers.